What should I do if my update fails?
RhondaJoy81

I tried to do an update on my phone, which probably hasn't been done in 6 months or longer, and when I did it failed. Not sure why it failed and now when I connect it to the usb cord connected to my laptop and go to iTunes it wants to restore my phone. I go through the steps to restore it and it looks like it's completed but then an error message comes up saying the phone could not be restored. I have clicked the more information tab when this error message pops up and went through every single step it offered on the website it sent me to and needless to say nothing has worked. I am desperate to get any help as I won't be able to take it to a Verizon store for a few days and can't be without my phone with a little one at home. Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated!!

Rhonda
iPhone5 User

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update failed & phone won't restore, now I'm without a phone HELP!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RhondaJoy81, we understand that you can't be without your phone! No worries. We can assist you with this device matter. Perhaps this is memory capacity issue. Try deleting any unwanted applications, text messaging conversations, call logs, pictures/videos and e-mails. Once you have deleted unwanted information, attempt to update the software again. Keep us posted.

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Go into a Apple Store they can assist.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RhondaJoy81, we understand that you can't be without your phone! No worries. We can assist you with this device matter. Perhaps this is memory capacity issue. Try deleting any unwanted applications, text messaging conversations, call logs, pictures/videos and e-mails. Once you have deleted unwanted information, attempt to update the software again. Keep us posted.

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes