Verizon refusing to swap the iphone to another line????
black562

I'm already hearing stories of people in stores that refuse to give them another sim to switch lines.

I was told on here and the phone that this wasn't necessary and all I had to do was call in before turning the phone on.

Can someone please clarify?  If a new sim is needed, why would the stores not have any???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon refusing to swap the iphone to another line????
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

it was one story on mac rumors im guessing right?? wait till more people get the phone and call verizon before you even activate the phone.. thats what i was told by a verizon rep

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi black562,

Let me go ahead and clarify this information for you! You don't need an additional sim card to activate the phone on another line. Once you have activated the iPhone 5 on the original line, you can activate/switch device on the other line the next day after 7 a.m. ET. You can complete this change by going to www.vzw.com/myverizon.

Thanks,

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Pariyah
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever get situated on this?

We did this just the other night with my wife's S3. Before you ever turn it on, call in. Have them change it to the line you want. Make sure to question them about keeping your unlimited if that's also what you are trying to accomplish. If the first rep is not helpful or says it can't be done, keep calling back until you get one that can help you.

You don't need a new sim. You don't need to activate on the line you ordered from first then swap to the line you want it on. All rumors.

0 Likes