Two iPhone 5's - one has service, one does not - same location
valcourt

My iPhone 5 lost it's connection to Verizon 3 days ago, task bar message was "Searching...."  My husband's iPhone is fine. 

I re-set the phone by turning off and no change.

I did some research and found that the SIM PIN was off.  I reset the SIM PIN.  No change. 

I went into this community site for answers,  I removed the SIM Card, reinserted it, and unlocked it. 

NOW the task bar message says "No Service"

In settings/phone, under "My Number" it says "unknown".  My husband's phone has the number displayed.

In settings/phone, my husband's phone has "Verizon Services" at the bottom.  My last option is "SIM PIN".

The phone is showing as a device in my account.

Can someone tell me what to try next?  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Two iPhone 5's - one has service, one does not - same location
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Call from your husbands phone as it sounds like it need to be reactivated on verizons network. Or you can reach them here in chat and they can give you instructions on how to do that. Here is the number for customer service.

Customer Service

(800) 922-0204

or dial *611 from your mobile phone

View the *611 On-Screen App for Android Video

6:00am - 11:00pm Monday-Sunday

Emergency Service Hours

11:00pm - 6am Monday-Sunday

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Call from your husbands phone as it sounds like it need to be reactivated on verizons network. Or you can reach them here in chat and they can give you instructions on how to do that. Here is the number for customer service.

Customer Service

(800) 922-0204

or dial *611 from your mobile phone

View the *611 On-Screen App for Android Video

6:00am - 11:00pm Monday-Sunday

Emergency Service Hours

11:00pm - 6am Monday-Sunday

0 Likes
valcourt

Thank you.

I have spent probably 5 hours total (some of that time waiting on phone software restoration) with both Verizon and Apple. Everyone has been very nice and we’ve tried lots of things but the IPhone 5 is still not working. The Apple and Verizon Techs even talked with each other, which I thought was awesome customer service! Verizon is sending me a new SIM card and we’ll see if that’s it.

0 Likes
valcourt

Update: The new SIM card did not fix the issue. The phone went to “Device Unrecognized”. My Verizon rep determined there was something gone wrong that was not a programming or software issue, so, since I’m under warranty, a replacement phone is on the way. I would like to say in this post that it IS a computer, and these things happen. I would also like to applaud Verizon’s customer service and Apple’s customer service. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for doing your best to fix an unfixable problem!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

valcourt, 5 hours is a long time. Thank you for your patience! I am ecstatic to hear that you received such excellent customer service. have you received your new sim card yet? Did it resolve your issue? Let me know the outcome. I want to make sure we get your issue resolved!

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes