Trade ins and delayed 5s shipments- an issue?
NavVZWuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now that the 5s is shipping later than initially promised, will Verizon still honor their original trade-in values when can't send in your equipment as planned?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Trade ins and delayed 5s shipments- an issue?
IPapa
Enthusiast - Level 2

After many calls and a chat with Verizon. I believe it may be a policy not to follow thru with commitments. I asked about trade in values and was told there is not a price guarantee. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What a great question, NavVZWuser!
In order to still benefit from the promotion for  recycle/trade-in, you should complete your device trade-in online at www.vzw.com/tradin on or before 10/31/13 and you will then have 30 days to return your device to us.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ash200485

Have you heard of any issues with the trade in program before the launch of the new phones?  I did an appraisal of the iphone 5 with a cracked screen and the system was giving me a value of $300.  Now when I do it, it shows between $0-$114.  I talked to a rep when i was doing this appraisal and she said that the trade in amount was good until October 31st.  Can you help with this?  After spending an hour on the phone with a customer service rep, she called a store near me and said that it was a glitch in the trade in system, but the store was honoring the $300 trade in value.  When I called the same store, they said that they were NOT honoring this, and that the customer service rep was incorrect Smiley Sad  I'm becoming very frustrated with this and the several customer service reps that I have spent countless minutes and hours on the phone with this week. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow! I haven't heard of any issues with the trade in program. The $300 was a set amount for a device in good condition. I apologize, but if there is any damage, that would cause the value to go down.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
abednegob
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do not use the trade in program!

It is a complete failure.  Review the other discussion threads to see what a nightmare this is.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1009749

0 Likes
abednegob
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am surprised that you haven't heard of this issue.  Look at the discussion boards.  There are a lot of people who are having the same issue.

0 Likes