Texting pictures to an email address won't send
pattybvt

I just upgraded to an iPhone 5C; I've tried texting a picture to an email address and it is not received.  I had this same problem with my old iPhone the last few weeks I had it; previously, I was able to text photos to e-mail addresses.  Thanks for your help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Texting pictures to an email address won't send
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pattybvt,

Congrats on the new device! Lets check into sending the message via text message to an email account. Are you receiving error messages when you tried to send the message? Are you able to send the picture fine if you send it from an email account?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pattybvt

Hi Lindsey, I can send a picture from my email account but not via text message. There is no error message, the picture just isn't received. The weird thing is that the picture is being received on my old phone as a text message! But it's not received in my email. I haven't swiped my old phone yet; I'm still reviewing my apps etc to make sure I have everything on my new phone. ???

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Not applicable

Make sure the send as TEXT/SMS is on in your iPhone's settings.

Then try a smaller size photo. I have no problem sending a photo with my iPhone 5s devices. They make it to the email recipient.

Sometime I get an error message of not sent. But when I resend it again it normally goes out OK.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Tashabones31

I have the same problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tashabones31, I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble sending pictures via text. I'd be happy to help take a look at this with you today. What text messaging app are you using? Are you sending it to just an email address or texting someone directly?

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
cindy3114

John,

I am having the same issue.  I switched from a 6 to a iphone 12 and it worked fine before now with the new phone not at all.  I do not get any errors, the email just does not go through.  I have tried actual size and small size and it makes no difference.  I m using the messaging app on the iphone

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes