Switched from Galaxy Note 2 to iPhone 5 (same sim card), visual voicemail not working.
oxzyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

As the title states I have bought a used iphone 5 and inserted my sim card from my Note 2 into the iphone and the visual voicemail doesn't work. When I hit the voicemail key it automatically dials out to my mailbox and asks for password. I'm wondering why it wont show voicemails on the screen of my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switched from Galaxy Note 2 to iPhone 5 (same sim card), visual voicemail not working.
oxzyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

Took the phone to the vzw store and asked the tech support if they'd swap out my SIM card from the Note 2 for a apple nano sim and presto! Visual voicemail worked like a charm Smiley Happy

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Switched from Galaxy Note 2 to iPhone 5 (same sim card), visual voicemail not working.
oxzyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

Figured I'd also add that I've restarted the phone, reset the network settings, even the whole phone settings (complete reset and install), dialed *73, *900, *920, - whatever google search you can come up with, I've tried. Verizon this is up to you to fix please.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you setup your voicemail again after switching to the iPhone? The voicemail system used by Apple products is different from the rest of the devices on the Verizon Wireless network. You have to setup again as if it was a new line and any saved voicemails from the previous system are lost.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
oxzyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

Took the phone to the vzw store and asked the tech support if they'd swap out my SIM card from the Note 2 for a apple nano sim and presto! Visual voicemail worked like a charm Smiley Happy

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes