Should I use my old SIM card in a replacement device?
PETSEN12

My iPhone 5s was damaged and Asurion is sending a replacement, along with a new SIM card.  Should I use the new SIM card, or re-use my old SIM card from the damaged phone?  If I use the new SIM card, what will I lose from not using the old SIM card?  Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Asurion replacement phone/SIM card.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PETSEN12, thanks for your time and patience. We are glad to see that you are getting a replacement phone. If your old SIM card isn't damaged you can definitely use it and save the other in case the old one goes bad. If you back up your phone before resetting it changing the SIM card won't make a difference. Are there any other questions or concerns we can assist you with today?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PETSEN12, thanks for your time and patience. We are glad to see that you are getting a replacement phone. If your old SIM card isn't damaged you can definitely use it and save the other in case the old one goes bad. If you back up your phone before resetting it changing the SIM card won't make a difference. Are there any other questions or concerns we can assist you with today?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

GoStraley
Enthusiast - Level 1

Asurion required I erase my phone before they sent new one.

Does that mean my OLD Sim Card is now blank.  Having the worst experience ever completing this transaction.  It has been a day to complete paperwork and understand options - a day for shipping - and now a day fiddling around with thumb prints and passwords and still working to re-establish my work connections on the phone.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@GoStraley

No. Factory resetting the phone doesn't erase the information on the SIM card. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes