Ship date all of a sudden got pushed back 3 weeks, ridiculous!
paulwallen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Placed my preorder for two iPhone 5's on Sept 15. When I ordered, it was assured delivered by 10/5. Now I go to check my order status today and it says 10/26/2012. Not very happy. Why would my order get pushed back three weeks later?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ship date all of a sudden got pushed back 3 weeks, ridiculous!
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

because so many people are ordering and ther eis so little stock

its a phone, it will come, be patient

0 Likes
coltc99
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think anyone thought this many iPhones would sell this quick. I know it's hard to be patient but hang in there, it is well worth the wait!

0 Likes
shizzyshae

Something might have happen with your order to where they had to push it back. But I don't see why they had to push it back that far, give them a call.

0 Likes
papertarget
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keep in mind the dates you're given in the emails are dates given to Verizon by Apple as to when APPLE thinks they will fulfill orders.  If that date changes it is most likely because Apple cannot meet the original goal due to some unforeseen issue.  However if you do a little research you will find out that Apple is facing a HUGE amount of issues in iPhone production as Sharp along with LG and another Japanese manufacturer were contracted by Apple to produce the in-cell display screen for the IP5 and unfortunately Sharp has NOT been able to meet deadlines prior to launch of the device.  Qualcomm who supplies the 4G LTE chip is having supply shortages. Not to mention the lack of staff at the assembly plant in good ole China creating a bottleneck on producing devices.  Couple that with record setting demand for the new unit = Perfect Storm for Consumer Madness!!!

The launch of the new IP5 has not been easy on ANY front and most certainly has not been easy on the millions of consumers who preordered the unit and are still waiting for their order to be filled.  The bottom line is ALL of the orders WILL be filled as Apple is doing everything they can to make as much $$$$$ as they can as fast as they can.

No one person or company for that matter could ever truly anticipate demand for a product, or anticipate manufacturing issues or staffing issues.  The only thing that can be done is address the issues that come up, adapt if necessary and move on.  That's how it is in any business and if there's any company capable of doing this on a grand scale it is no doubt Apple.

So everyone will get there phone and after all is said and done everyone will love their IP5...but I'm sure there will be a select few that will have a nuclear meltdown over something and blame Apple and Verizon and the time they had to wait for a piece of **** like the IP5 and demand to be switched to an Android but it'll be after the 15 day return window and cancel their contract then complain about the cancellation fee and so on and so forth...LMAO...there's always a handful of those.

rosenberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's your reply? "be patient", seriously? This is a serious flaw on Verizon's part. They have mismanaged yet another big phone launch. I think getting an Oct. 5 date should mean that verizon has secured inventory will reserve that phone for shipping to the customer, like they stated. You shouldn't just accept horrible management and customer service and "be patient". To you, it might be easy but others want they pay for on the date they were initially told they would receive it.

0 Likes
rosenberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dude, do you know what your talking about? All that is irrelevant. People who ordered after the OP are receiving their phones already or at least getting tracking numbers. Verizon told him he would receive his phone on 10/5, regardless of that that info you just wrote, Verizon is clearly at fault. People love blaming apple. If verizon didn't have enough stock, they should have given a later or unspecified date to begin with.

0 Likes
paulwallen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called VZW today. They said for some reason my CC didn't go through. I gave the same number to them and it went through. They said my phones ship out asap! Yay!

Not applicable

I've mentioned to Verizon directly, that I think their intra order communications could be stepped up.  For example - paulwallen's order was inexplicably delayed, so I would think an email immediately from Verizon (heck, even a phone call) would have been in order.  At least within 12 hrs of Verizon having trouble completing payment.  And no justification intended here - if the volume of sales (number in a short amount of time also) makes Christmas look like some slow February afternoon, they just didn't staff for the mass of orders, much less adjusting for hiccups like credit cards not going through, in my case, my "delivery" status changed to a "ship" status, or many things that didn't match up in a perfect technology world.

I do however think Apple is calling all the shots, and Verizon is awaking every moment to a new world.
I'm a former IT Admin, but I come from a very old retail mindset that customer service is a premium priority to get through when things don't go right.  It seems to be very new to some, that a little bit of communication, would go along way.  Would you still be upset about a delay - sure.  But would you have some patience and at least have an idea what's going on?  Yes.  Would the communication possibly help minimize the impact - absolutely - instead of 3 weeks out, it would be maybe a 1-2 day delay (if any).

Of course I don't try to pretend it is all this easy.  There are many many moving pieces.  Some of us ordered accessories, and I was half way expecting an issue with my phone coming from overseas, and my case from somewhere else, and my screen protectors from another.  I didn't know if I'd get 1, 2 or 3 packages.

Hang in there paulwallen - someone was telling me the same on Wednesday (when I didn't get my email tracking yet) and they were right.

0 Likes
CPU-user

If your not happy about the ship date and you really wanted the phone fast, then next launch get up like the rest of us did and pre-order the phone at 3AM. Blaming Verizon for not sending your phone due to shortages is unrealistic. If you believed the rep about the shipping date after the shortages they had with the last few Apple devices then I have a bridge to sell you.

0 Likes