Setting off store alarms??
mel1220
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I've gotten my Iphone 5 last Friday, I've had been in several stores where I will set off the alarm when either coming into or leaving the store.  The only common thing is that my new phone being with me.   Is there anything I can do to stop this or has anyone experienced the same? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Setting off store alarms??
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Ummmm....THAT'S a new one! No, can't say that I have ever experienced that...or heard of anyone else doing so.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there mel1220!

Hummm! That sure is strange! Let's do some detective work and see what's going on! If I may ask, do you have a case on your phone? I have heard that a magnet in a case will make the alarm go off. Any other accessories with your phone that might do it as well? If you want to test this out with a willing store (one that won't mind if the alarm goes off a couple times), please let us know the outcome! Other than that I have not seen anything else that would say that the device is setting off alarms.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jconley

I have this issue too. It isn't consistent but the only change is my new iphone 5. It has happened at 2 different places.

0 Likes
iPhoneNerd
Contributor - Level 1

Since the iPhone 5 does carry an aluminum back, that could be the issue

0 Likes