Re: Reception issues with 5S - Anyone else?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Autom8er,

Thanks for trying those steps out. Are you having issues in just one location? Is this happening both indoors and outdoors? Are you having any issues with the data at this zip code you provided? Can you check the singal strength for me? http://vz.to/1dPjFGv  Please keep us updated.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Autom8er

Phone occasionally shows a warning about data coverage not available of

something to that extent.

Ran the test you suggested and the measured RSSI bounces between ­82 and

­134 dBm.

Bob

0 Likes
groober
Enthusiast - Level 3

After running the same test my RSSI measured between -87dbm and -96.50 dbm. Your results were positive?(+) Note mine were negative

0 Likes
groober
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ran the test. My RSSI measured in the negative. Ranging from -87 dbm to -96.50 dbm. Very, very poor reception inside my home at 19805 where my iPhone 4 had 4 bars. Very, very poor Ping, D/L and U/L speeds - slighter worse than my iPhone 4 on 3G. The poor eception is not limited to the interior of my home. It extends almost everywhere I go.  I have to rely on WiFi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are gaining the strongest service possible groober! I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties. No reported issues in your zip. You mentioned your service difficulties are happening everywhere and that you have to use wifi. These sound like indoor locations if wifi is available. Please confirm the type of locations, such as home, work or school. Our control is limited indoors. Each device may respond differently with each indoor location.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these additional details groober. To clarify, reception and RSSI numbers are indoors and outdoors, correct? Have we performed a Remedy Ticket for your area? If not, we can help get one set up.

Let us know, groober. Thank you, and may you have a great weekend.

NicandroN_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tomijohn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my IPhone 5 since Ocober, 2012 and it has consistently dropped all calls where I live, both inside the house and outside the house. I have a MIFI to and it will not work here either, but yet I can drive through the desert in the middle of nothing and they both work.  I live in a populated Southern California area and there are a couple of towers close to my neighborhood and two verizon stores. I am fed up with this problem and really do not like paying $133 a month for equipment I cannot use, so even though I don't want to, I am going to change to another service. I have contacted verizon about this but they just tell me I can buy an extender, which is ridiculous, if I lived in the boonies I would understand it,  I guess verizon would rather lose a good paying customer over the price of this extender. I have two friends who had the same problem and AT$T and Sprint gave each of them an extender rather then lose good customers, so I guess I know where I will be going.  I have recently become temporarily disabled and If I were to fall I would not be able to call for help, I live alone and my cell phone is my only phone.

Jemcca07
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the iPhone with Verizon for a year now and I am so disappointed with the service. I never get reception at home or at work. It's so frustrating. I've called Verizon several times about this issue and they told me to contact apple as the issue was with my phone and not my carrier. Then apple told me the exact opposite when I called them, that the issue was with Verizon. It's just impossible and I can't wait until my contract is over so I can switch carriers. I used to like verizon the best because they had the best reception when I had an android. But with the iPhone it's so much different. I like the iPhone much better than the android for several reasons. This is the only issue that I've had since switching from android devices. I intend on switching carriers when my contract is up. I talk to people at my work who have AT&T and an iPhone 5 and they have no problem with reception there like I do.

0 Likes
FinancialTraveller

I have 5s with VZN with bad reception getting 1x only. After resetting the network it worked at home. Now I need to test at office.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FinancialTraveller,
I'm glad it's working at home! Please keep me posted on your success at the office. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes