Phone randomly won't ring and send calls automatically to voicemail
eohcs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my Verizon account and number for years, no changes (so it shouldn't be a call forwarding issue). With both my iPhone 4 16g and iPhone 5s 32g, I randomly experience where my phone does not ring and sends the caller automatically to voicemail. I do receive a notification if they leave a voicemail, but it leaves no indication of a missed call.

I have repeatedly checked my 'Do not Disturb' settings, performed soft resets, used airplane mode to disconnect and reconnect to the network, etc. and none of these help with either device, which leads me to believe it is a service/network issue that Verizon is accountable for. It's very frustrating and has been happening for the past two years.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Labels (1)
Re: Phone randomly won't ring and send calls automatically to voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This issue has gone on too long eohcs! I'm sorry your phone is randomly not ringing. I know you mentioned it shouldn't be a Call Forward issue, but No Answer/Busy Transfer could be activated. Have you tried dialing *73 [send], to make sure this feature isn't enabled? Also, are calls from a specific person, time of day, etc.? Do you notice any pattern? 

0 Likes
Quentin3

I have the same problem. Some calls don't rings. I think it goes straight through to leave message but not sure. It is the same numbers over again.

0 Likes
bchitwood
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same issue, especially since I changed to the iPhone 5c.  Does anyone have an answer?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's definitely odd bchitwood! We need to get those calls flowing again. What phone did you have before? Do the callers hear rings on their end when they call you? Please try http://vz.to/1n7ubSV and test your calls to make sure they're coming through now.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
bchitwood
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had an iPhone 4 before and this never happened. Also, all of my ringtones that I have downloaded have disappeared for no reason. I would LOVE to find out where they went to!

BC

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Quentin3,

It sounds like the issue you are describing is intermittent in nature. Let's take a closer look at the potential causes. I would like to ask a few questions so we can know what direction to go to resolve this for you. If you look at the date and time when that last occurred what was your location. Do you get clear reception there? How many bars of signal do you usually get there? If you lose the signal when the call comes through that would explain why it had go to voicemail.

Are these always the same numbers? Are they in your contact list? Have you spoken with any of the effected parties. Are they getting just one ring and going to voicemail or do they hear the standard 6 rings? Have you tried resetting the network settings: http://vz.to/1krEcZ6 ?

We look forward to getting this resolved for you.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you! I appreciate the information, bchitwood. Does this occur in a specific area? ( home, work, etc ) In regards to Ringtones, were you using an app to store ringtones?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dkicera

@

I have the same issue.  Started when I renewed our contract again for another 2 years and purchased the LG G3 (from an iphone).  Several Verizon customer service and tech reps have tried to find out what it is and no one seems to know.  The only thing they can tell me is that there is a random number that keeps auto dialing my number every minute... So, if someone tries to call me, it takes them a few times but they finally get through, or, callers say it rings a couple of strange rings and then goes voice mail.  Other times it just goes straight to voice mail.  Text always works fine.  Verizon says the "number" that is calling is not even a number.  Not sure how that works....

Verizon sent me a new LG G3...still happened...changed back to an iphone 5...still happening.  Have been with Verizon for over 10 years but VERY FRUSTRATED.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Maybe it's not the phone...and I know it would it would probably suck...but have you considered changing your number since changing devices hasn't solved the problem?

0 Likes