No bars...hardly ever any LTE, sometimes 3G, mostly a O
MissNyss
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in Illinois, went on vacation to Colorado and Michigan in the last 2 weeks.  In all 3 states, in multiple cities, I have little to no reception or internet.  I usually have 0 or 1 bar and then a O.  I've only seen LTE a handful of times.  I didn't even realize I had LTE for a while.  People have a hard time hearing me saying that I am going in and out and my calls constantly drop.  I switch my phone off and on at least once per week.  I also reset my Network Settings, but it hasn't helped.  Is there anything else I can try before having to bring it into a store?

Labels (1)
Re: No bars...hardly ever any LTE, sometimes 3G, mostly a O
MissNyss
Enthusiast - Level 2

and now that I wrote that, its having a hard time connecting to WIFI from my work....which it always connects to...

beachgirlt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same exact problem.  I live in ATL and went to SC over the weekend.  iPhone wouldn't stay connected at the hotel to their wifi but my iPad would so I know it's not the Wifi service.  Didn't notice anything Sunday when I got home.  Yesterday when I got home from work I noticed iPhone wasn't connected to my home Wifi but iPad was.  Today at work I'm not getting LTE or 3G only the 'round circle' which I've heard means 1G or 1X.  Very frustrating as I can't do much.  I reset network, reset cellular LTE, reset Wifi.  Nothing has helped.  I wish Verizon would let us know if there's an issue.  (my iPad isn't connected cellulary to Verizon so that was just a comparison to confirm Wifi was working correctly.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have a reliable device MissNyss! How is your device working now that you are back home? If it is happening in every state, it is likely device related. How often do you power cycle it? Have you checked to make sure all your apps are closed? http://tiny.cc/kkf2zw

Jonathan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don't want you to be frustrated with your service beachgirlt. Since your phone is having issues in multiple locations and on our network and wifi, this appears to be an equipment issue, not network. It does sound like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting. The next step I recommend would be a hard reset/restore http://bit.ly/ViNE3w. If still having issues with service all over, the device may need to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Marquia_VZW

0 Likes
MissNyss
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turn it off and on every couple of days.  All apps are closed.  It happens everywhere.  I also didn't mention I get calls dropped on a daily basis.  Over the weekend, I had no signal for 4 hours while at a friends house in Willow Springs, IL.  I am stopping by a verizon store today.

0 Likes
jr1478le

I'm having similar issues on zip codes 60016 & 60601.  Displays LTE but slow or no data at all...text/imessages don't go through...  I called a few weeks ago. Still not resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a good habit to keep, MissNyss. Power off every so often. If you have a case on the phone or any accessories, please remove them just to make sure the antenna is not being obstructed.
Next remove/reinsert the SIM http://bit.ly/QSXFQJ and make sure the SIM is interested properly.
Check some additional settings http://vz.to/11GZHsj and make sure WiFi & Airplane mode is off.
Go to Settings>General>Cellular and enable cellular data.
Once all of this has been done, let me know how your signal is.

Tamara_VZW

0 Likes
meganalyssa19

I am also having a similar problem. I have NO SERVICE, all of a sudden My phone is constantly searching for service and in turn draining the battery. This has been going on now for 5 days and I have had it. I am unable to connect to make or receive phone calls, texts, or emails. We all have Verizon in our family and I am the only having the issue. After restoring the phone and doing several resets on my own and with Verizon over the phone, I went in a few days ago and had the sims card replaced and that did not do the trick. I received my replacement phone today and it is not doing any better if anything this phone is worse! I cannot call Verizon right now because I do not have service and my cell is my only phone line besides my husband's cell who is at work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meganalyssa19,

What a bizarre situation! But, it's nothing we can't tackle head on. First, what's your zip code? Did you install anything like an application five days ago when this first began? Also, what software are you currently running on your phone? Please go to settings > general > software update. Regardless, we're going to figure this out.

Evan_VZW

0 Likes