Iphone 5s locked on Verizon
emmanolo

Dear Verizon/community,

I recently bought a used phone (iphone 5s) in Morocco, and as I tried to use my SIM card, it displays a "Non valid SIM card" message, as in, the phone is carrier locked. After having called Apple, it turns out the original carrier is Verizon US. I am surprised to read that IPhone 5s from Verizon are supposedly never locked, because I really can not use my SIM card right now.

I would like to ask, how to get the phone unlocked, considering I am not located in the US (I am currently in France and will be in a few weeks durably in Germany) and I am not a Verizon customer? I believe it is possible by providing the IMEI number of the phone, but didn't see such a service on your website.

Thanks for your understanding, I would really love to be able to use my phone!

Emmanuel

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5s locked on Verizon
tabithaj_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand the importance of managing your devices. You can view Verizon's unlocking policy here: Device Unlocking Policies | About Verizon  .

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
emmanolo

Thank you for your answer.

I read this page extensively already and tried to call the number stated there (888.294.6804), but I could not reach it (it told me to dial *611 from a Verizon line, which I do not have).

I tried getting the phone unlocked through a third party unlocking service, but they told me the phone was purchased with special activation policies from Verizon, which prevent the device from being unlocked.

Therefore Verizon is the only entity able to get my phone unlocked. Is there another phone number I could call from a non-Verizon line to reach a technician who could unlock my phone?

Thank you,

Emmanuel

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Emmanolo We certainly understand you would like to use the phone you paid for. The information provided by Tabithaj_vzw is accurate, we don’t lock our 4G LTE phones. However, the device may not be clear for use. What is the device ID, so we can check it for you?

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DO NOT POST THE IMEI NUMBER ON THIS PUBLIC FORUM!!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
emmanolo

Hello and thank you for your answers, Delores and Ann154!

I would indeed rather send my IMEI number per private message to avoid any potential harmful use of it, how can I do that?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can check the IMEI number in this link. https://www.verizonwireless.com/prospect/bring-your-own-device#/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

Re: iPhone 6 Won't Unlock for International Use

There were a number of phones that Apple provided as warranty replacements that were incorrectly provisioned as Locked Internationally.  If you were sold one of those phones, Apple is the only entity that can solve your problem.

0 Likes
emmanolo

Hello, Thanks for your message Ann154 !

I tried to click the link you sent, but it displays a page error.

vzw_customer_support​, I can not DM you, so the best solution I found is to write my IMEI number on my profile, which is only accessible to registered users. Please let me know when you found it so I can delete it.

Joey2007ua_64​, Thank you, I read about that, but it seems it only concerns Iphones 6 and 6s?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can clarify. If you device was purchased with the intent to use with Prepaid services, there is a lock that's placed on the IMEI that requires at least one month of service used before being able to unlock. Please call our Customer Service team, and request a transfer to our Prepaid services team for assistance: 800-922-0204 . 

TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes