Iphone 5s and 5c 'missed' calls and lte / 3g
eah3233

Is anyone else having this?  In addition to the ever annoying and on going dropped calls.... often I'll call someone (who has a 5c...from my 5s) and their phone will never ring and never show a missed call. It happens in reverse as well.  What if I was waiting for a call about a job?  I'd never know. 

Also, a friend of mine has a 4s.  It's very fast (and only 3g, right?)  If I'm in a 3g area, I might as well have no connection. It is insanely slow. Why?  So LTE or nothing, huh?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5s and 5c 'missed' calls and lte / 3g
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello eah3233,

Having c onsistent and reliable service is certainly a priority with us and we are here to ensure that you are getting just that! May I ask what zip code are you in? Are you using any type of headset when making and receiving calls? I would suggest verify that turning off bluetooth and wifi, perform a reset network settings, and retest. Here's a link on how to do so, http://vz.to/V8YCx6.

Once you have done so, please test your 4G connectivity as well. If the issue persist then please advise as to what iOS and carrier version that you have installed.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
eah3233

I've done that. Didn't help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eah3233,

Thank you for the information! We have a few bits of information that we still need. What software version are you currently on? You can find this by going to Settings>General>About

Also, what zip code are you in when you have these issues?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
eah3233

7.1.2 and this has happened literally over 10 zip codes. Pretty much Allegheny, Armstrong, Butler, Westmoreland counties in PA. I'm in 15656 but travel all over.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eah3233,

Thank you! How many bars of service do you have when you have the missed calls?

RobinD_VZW

0 Likes
eah3233

Did you read what I wrote? Either me (or other people) don't even get a 'missed call.' Phone never even rings. The only way I even know is when said person text's something like 'why didn't you answer?' It happens in reverse too... i.e., me calling someone and them never receiving the call. Only seems to be an issue when an iphone is involved.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Two things to try.

1- Settings-Do Not Disturb- (make sure the only tab showing green is Repeated Calls)

2- On upper Left corner of your device make sure the MUTE key is not showing active (Red)

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information, eah3233! We encourage you to reset your device so that it fully reconnects to the network. Here are the steps http://vz.to/1fD1w2F.

RobinD_VZW

0 Likes
eah3233

No. Been there, done that, doesn't help.

0 Likes