Re: Iphone 5c overage every month
baybran

Yes that was the first thing I did when I got the notification of 75% data used. If you would check though the iphone 5c turns off wifi and uses data when it sleeps so this doesn't help when apps want to update in the middle of the night. The only way so far is to turn data off completely which is not the way a phone was intended to be used. Hopefully this update works.

0 Likes
nursebsn14
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I had the 4s until last October and upgraded to the 5c.  Since then, I have watched my data usage skyrocket and I am now up to 15gb of data for my single line.  I have called Verizon several times to question it, and they finally did an analysis on the line only to tell me some mystery thing is running six hours a day.  I have wi-fi at home, school and work.  I started turning off the cellular data when I was on wifi just to see what would happen and within five minutes of turning the cellular data back on, while still on wi-f the usage goes up.  Now if Im on wi-fi my cellular data shouldn't be moving at all.  Apple replaced the phone in the last 24 hours so this is a new phone, this is clearly an issue with Verizon's network, and this compay owes me a refund being it took them five months to even get someone on the phone to say exchange the phone because Verizon nor apple could explain where this excessive data usage was coming from.  This is an issue that Verizon needs to deal with and I will be contacting them today, because they need to explain why their network is charging me for usage when connected to a wifi network.  I have all but turned off every feature on the phone and the data usage continues to rise.  Sprints service is nowhere near as good, but I will switch if it means saving 120+ a month in charges.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's quite important to get to the bottom of this mystery nursebsn14, it's odd that you're still using more data than normal. Have you checked other 'connected' devices? Any cloud services used? Please send me a Direct Message to look into this.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
nursebsn14
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im up to 15gb of data month.  This is an issue seeing as when I had my 4s I barely it 2.5gb/month