Input contacts
julie301

My husband and I just got the iPhone 5c. We are using the same apple Id account from when we had ipods. When he enters his contact info on his phone, it shows up on my contact list. Any ideas on how to make that stop?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Input contacts
Tidbits
Legend

Make a new account.

Go into your settings for icloud and turn off contact syncing.

Add your account and make sure that one syncs. Put your contacts in. Now your contacts are separate, but you guys can use the same apps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Set up Apple ID accounts for each of your phones.

Tidbits
Legend

Make a new account.

Go into your settings for icloud and turn off contact syncing.

Add your account and make sure that one syncs. Put your contacts in. Now your contacts are separate, but you guys can use the same apps.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

This goes for everything you choose contacts, Calendars, and mail just turn syncs off for his account on yours and keep yours on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello julie301. When sharing Apple ID's, you may find that your information will sync to your husband's device and vice versa. In order to ensure your contacts do not sync with his, you will each need your own Apple ID. To create a new Apple ID, you can go to Apple's website or follow these steps on either of your iPhones. Go to Settings>iTunes & App Store if the next screen displays your current Apple ID, select it select Sign Out. When you get back to the iTunes & App Store screen, select Create New Apple ID.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes