Inaccurate Data Usage Overage Alerts?
trishaaa

I've given up on trying to use chat/calling for assistance on this.

Yesterday I transferred my phone number into my own account (from one that was under my previous employer). I selected the same plan that I had originally (2GB data). Later in the evening I ordered a new phone and set up a new two year contract (also with 2GB data) as well.

This morning I got my first text EVER that I used my prorated data for my bill and I may incur overage charges.

I don't see how this is possible. Last night I was on the phone with a representative and she said I had used .2 GB of my 2 GBs of data. This morning that was still the case. I used my phone to check my email and twitter this morning before receiving the alert. I did not download any files or anything.

Could this alert be a glitch from all of my account changes?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Inaccurate Data Usage Overage Alerts?
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

When does your Billing Cycle begin and end relative to when you added the new phone?

0 Likes
trishaaa

I'm not sure when the billing cycle was supposed to end on the original account my phone number was under. But after I updated my plan I noticed that the bill cycle was to end on 11/12. I'm now in my NEW 2 year contract.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Well, it's VERY important to know and to understand when your BILLING CYCLE ends.  That date will dictate how much data you have to use in a particular month and the date may or most likely may NOT coincide with your contract date.

Just because you started a new contract does not mean that your billing date has changed.

Did you start a whole new account? 

If the billing cycle ended on 11/12, then you possible had a prorated month.

So, again, when does your Billing Cycle begin and end relative to when you added the new phone?

0 Likes
trishaaa

My billing cycle ended on 11/12.

As I said before, my phone number went from one account to another (I did an assumption of liability). I do not know when my billing cycle ended on my employers account before I transferred everything into a new account. I do know that before I made the transfer on 11/11 I had used 0.2 GB of 2GB -- and that number hadn't changed even after I got alerts about my data usage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi trishaaa,

I understand your concerns regarding text notification you received and the possibility of overage charges. It is very unlikely that you will incur overage charges with a 0.2GB usage. I recommend wating for the bill to generate and then contact us if you see any data overage charges on it. While billing errors are rare, please be assured that we are prompt to make adjustments for billing errors when they occur.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello trishaaa!

I've read the thread and it seems that I can answer all of your questions about your data usage, your bill cycle, and all the details about the charges and your bill. I've followed you in the forums. Please accept me and follow me back, and then send me a Direct Message (DM) with your name and mobile number. I'll check this out for you to make sure you're OK.

Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes