IPhone 5c time zone in calendar
AshleyC1977

My iphone5c changes the time zone automatically to GMT in my calendar, even though I have Date &Time zone set automTically to New York. How do I fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: IPhone 5c time zone in calendar
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AshleyC1977, Time is precious! We surely want to get this corrected. When did this issue begin? Have you recently synced your phone with your PC/iTunes?  Here's a great link that can help in troubleshooting this issue: http://bit.ly/1w416Ix. Please be sure to keep us posted on this so we can help.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AshleyC1977

I synced to iTunes account with laptop. Still did not fix the problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info AshleyC1977. Let's look into this deeper. May I ask what's the exact iOS and carrier version that has installed? If this info is up to date then the next step is to restore the iPhone 5c to a time when it was showing the correct time zone. Have you backed up your iPhone in the past?

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
AshleyC1977

Verizon LTE, iOS 8.1.2. I had not backed up my iPhone in the past.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you verifying the iOS for us AshleyC1977! At this stage in troubleshooting, I would suggest backing up your info using iTunes on a computer. Once you have done so then perform a factory reset and test the service & the time zone in the calendar before restoring your info. Let us know the results.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
AshleyC1977

I reset all settings I think it works now

0 Likes
AshleyC1977

Never mind. It didn't work. I synced with iCloud and iTunes. Reset all settings...still not working.

0 Likes
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

What is your Default Calendar?  For instance, if your Default Calendar is associated with a third-party email account (such as Outlook, Outlook Express, etc), then the setting is within the Calendar itself, not your device.

Second, you may wish to check the settings for Time Zone Override.  This setting, if turned 'ON', locks the selected zone for all Calendar events - regardless of the time zone in which your device operates.....in the 'OFF' position, Calendar events will adjust according to the device location. 

To check:

• Settings
  • Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  • Scroll down to Calendars
    • Near the bottom of the screen, you'll see the Default Calendar.  Check and make a different selection as needed (that is, assuming you have more than one Calendar option, such as with multiple email accounts);
    • Next, ensure that Time Zone Override is switched to your desired setting.

I noticed that you also said you'd synced your device with iTunes on your computer - you may want to check to see whether or not you selected Sync Mail, Contacts & Calendars - then verify the time/date/zone settings on your computer.  I usually recommend that users turn off the automatic sync feature within iTunes and instead opt to manually sync information because of issues like this. 

I hope this helps.

0 Likes