Re: IPhone 5 Randomly changes date and time
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Hello do you know about iPhone settings? Good ill tell you how to fix time zone problem mine seems to be working

0 Likes
kencycles

I'm in Santa Rosa, CA and my iPhone5 (delivered Oct. 4)  phone suddenly showed Sept. 16 at 4:55 am on Thursday, Oct. 25 at about 3pm. I was driving to the Verizon store to ask what's up, and it changed back to the correct time as I got in the parking lot, and since I had nothing to show them I left. Then it happened again tonight, the phone jumped back to Sept. 17 (it's Oct 27) and the time shown was 8:43am and the actual time was ~ 9:30 pm. That prompted a search on the web and I found this forum - so it's a little bit reassuring that I'm not the only one  and I'm  not going crazy - but it is a problem that should be fixed. I'll call Verizon on Monday.

-Ken

0 Likes
heg

I had great hopes got IOS 6.01 and VZW 13.3 but I found that I had a random time shift this morning went back to 10/26 2:05 AM when I looked at it.

I reset everyting back to normal settings to see if the problem may have been fixed, but apparently not FIXED!!!!

So back to theses setting which for me had given me 3 weeks of no time shift, the following settings appear to work on my handset, but the same settings do not work on my wife's handset.

Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically -> OFF

Settings > General > Date & Time > Time Zone -> Enter your respective city

Settings > General > Set Date & Time > Enter current date and time

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Setting Time Zone -> OFF

Maybe they will fix this one day

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

I think Vzw just does not care this time problem has been going on since sep 21 and nothing has been done.. The time problem only seems to affect me on Business days it seems to do fine over the weekend when time is switched to auto it's Weird and a little scary

NOTE I DO NOT WORK FOR VZw

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

I think Vzw just does not care this time problem has been going on since sep 21 and nothing has been done.. The time problem only seems to affect me on Business days it seems to do fine over the weekend when time is switched to auto it's Weird and a little scary

NOTE I DO NOT WORK FOR VZw

0 Likes
Todd-Phone

Same issue in Columbus, Indiana. This seems like a basic function of a smartphone... how about a fix, Verizon?

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

I'm dealing with the same problem I Escalated my ticket yesterday I suggest you do the same and maybe Vzw will move a little faster on the time zone problem . Idk how hard it is to find out what system is Malfunctioning and fix it. It's going on a month and x days for me and all Vzw says is o we are working in it ya right fuck you Vzw

Note I do not work for vzw

0 Likes
IPhone 5 Randomly changes date and time
one2boost

Well I have recently updated the iOS software to 6.0.1 and changed time settings to autmatically detect the Date and Time.  For the past 4 days I have not encountered any sudden fluctuations with the time nor date.  I will keep this thread posted of anything else I encounter.

0 Likes
lisaweitzel

I have updated my phone to 6.0.1 and settings are set to auto find - and I still have the problem.  Last night it was only off by around 40 minutes, which is closer than the several hours it's been off in previous days. 

0 Likes
stephbro

Hickory, North Carolina.  2nd time I've noticed the problem.  The 1st time it was off by more than 3 days!  Today the time was off by 2 hours.  I was on WiFi -- cellular data was turned OFF.  One of the MOST BASIC FUNCTIONS..... Verizon should be embarrassed!

0 Likes