Re: IPhone 5 Randomly changes date and time
paulm47

Just got my new iphone 5 last week. At least 3 times I have found the time off by 2 hours and some minutes (showing earlier time than actual time) Each time I have shut off automatic time setting and immediately turned back on. The time updates to correct in seconds. Very annoying that this has not been fixed after all this time.

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Update to iOS 6.0.1 and do a restore with iTunes and set iPhone as new

0 Likes
SammyJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

iOS 6.0.1 update and restore does NOT fix this issue.

I was told by Verizon corporate store that Apple would publish an update by mid-December. Well, guess what? It's coming up on mid-January and no update!

In order to keep my time, alarm and calendar accurate, I have to turn off the automatic time setting AND TURN OFF THE 4G LTE!

This *****, and after 2 months of it, I'm sick of it. When it's on 4G, this phone is smokin fast. I want my 4G Apple!

Why should we all have paid for an iPhone 5 and expected a better and faster phone, then end up with this crap? A phone with lousy reception compared to my 4S and one that can't keep time!

Let's get it done!!!

0 Likes
Tabby1965

I Bought a iPhone 1month ago and had problems with the first one it would go black in the middle of a call and sometimes shut itself off and when on phone with other people it would call people and mute people and put them on speaker when my face touched it I sent it back they sent me a new  another 1phone 5.  The first day at work it jumped time from 12;10 to 3:10 so I checked in settings and it was set to auto to have the right time any way after shutting it off then back on I thought it was fine but its not it does it twice a day once around noon and again at 6 and goes up three hours and when it does that I can't text it tells me to update my correct time.  ,,I'm upset. This is my second iPhone 5. My iPhone 4 never had that problem

0 Likes
cmfred

I spoke with Apple yeterday.  This is apparently a Verizon problem.  I like how they have a problem but are usless in coming up with an answer?  Thanks Verizon.....I think...

0 Likes
mustangz2k

Yes, my recently acquired iPhone 5 is plagued with the seemingly random date/time issues.  Today it's 12 hours behind real time, and annoyed as heck my alarm didn't work!!!  Verizon tech/customer service appears to be unconcerned about the issue, especially after they've made the sale.  Don't know/don't care if this is Apple OR Verizon, but this needs to be resolved immediately, please.

0 Likes
jmr0915

I have had my Iphone 5 since December 26th. The time issue started on Sunday the 6th and on the 7th I was late for work because my alarm went off 30 min late. I then set the time/date to manual and the alarm went off on time but when i looked at the time about 15 min later, the time was 30 min behind! I went to my Verizon store yesterday and the tech seemed to know less about the issue than I did. after about 30 min of him looking on the internet and poking at my phone, he declared it an Apple software issue! I am very frustrated. SOMEONE needs to take ownership of this issue and fix it. Has anyone heard of apple or verizon working on a fix?

0 Likes
Tabby1965

I had the same problem with my  iPhone 5 went to Arkansas last week had 8 hours of ride time to figure out the problem this is what I did and it worked  go to settings then click on mail contacts calendar and scroll down to time zone support and turn it on  and my phone has not lost time since

0 Likes
RonH2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions, but tried it and it didn't work.  My iPhone 5 started exhibiting this behavior with the time and date only about 2 to 3 weeks ago.  It seems to happen when it switches from my wireless to the LTE network.  This morning it was 1 hour and 2 minutes ahead in time and one week back. My wife has a 4S, so not on the LTE network and it works fine.  I live in the area between Seattle and Tacoma, and East.  I called Verizon this am, and was told they would check towers, etc. and get back to me.  I'll let you know what I hear.    Ron

0 Likes
chrismas

How have most folks handled this issue?

Did you call Verizon?

Go to the store?

I ask because I think that most folks are not letting Verizon know about their issue. I have 3 friends with iphone 5's on Sprint and they never have this issue. I have a brand new iphone and every day I go to work my clock goes off by 5-10 min. The clock is fine all weekend. I have tried all the suggestions found here and on the internet and none of them worked.

What I do not understand is if it is the Verizon network then why does my clock change when I set it manually. I can buy a $10 watch that keep time within 1 sec a year and a $200 iphone can't keep clock for one day.

0 Likes