Re: IPhone 5 Randomly changes date and time
dnelms

I continue to have this problem and while Verizon's coverage map says I should have strong LTE (as do the reps), it just is not consistent. I've gotten to where right before I egt home, where the auto wifi kicks in, I turn LTE off. Just a pain to remeber to do it and set it back also.

0 Likes
Venghous1

Still having this problem.. in fact almost seems worse. This phone has changed times three times since 10 am. I called VZ again yesterday and the first guy just laughed when i told him the problem, and proceeded to tell me that I am the only one with this problem, and then told me how much having an iphone over droid was a bad idea... finally he put me to tech support. The guy there said he has the iphone 5 and is having the same problem.. but they are waiting for Apple to fix the problem!!?

I told him that days ago VZ put out a statement that it is their LTE towers that ARE the problem.. he said that i was wrong.. its Apple..  When I asked then why is the GS3 having some of the same issues... he told me that its Apples software messing up the towers!!!???   are you kidding me?  

I then asked what they can do for me.. I am paying for data, a premium phone.. it cant keep time.. this disables my alarms. reminders, schedules and email and messages when this problem occurs..  I asked if i could get some kind of credit since my phones basic features will not work correctly... I was told no.. im still can get on the internet so the data is doing its job.. and that all the features of the phone work as advertised and i should look for apps that will take the place of the basic clock!!!!???    i hung up the phone furious...  he basically told me that they dont know if there will be a fix... 

0 Likes
MR_Mike

I just noticed this problem this morning when I received a call from my work place asking me if I was okay and why I was not at work. I told them that I overslept, and they understood. I could not understand why I did not hear my iPhone 5's alarm clock go off, so when I checked the time displayed on the phone, it read twelve to midnight. And the sun was  shining. Not only was the time wrong, the date was also wrong, it was 11 October, instead of 23 October. Since I did not have time to play with the phone, I simply got dressed and went to work. On the way, I looked at the phone and it was showing the correct date and time, and was also dispalying LTE, whereas it was 3G at home. It appears that LTE and 3G are not synchronised, so when moving from upper to lower, that is, from LTE to 3G, the iPhone 5 gets confused and starts acting crazy. Verizon better get on this problem and fix it. I am not a technician, but I think Verizon networks for the iPhone 5 are in conflict. Verizon must make sure the conflict between the LTE and 3G networks is resolved by synchronizing them.

I don't want to be late to work again as a result of Verizon's network. If I lose my job, I am suing Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes
MattE303
Enthusiast - Level 3

BigErnM wrote:

This has to be a Verizon network issue and not an iPhone 5 issue.  The wrong date and time bug is happening on my iPhone 5 and my wife's Galaxy S3 for the past 3 or 4 days.  We are just on the edge of 4G LTE coverage.  It always happens when we are at home and happens when I am on wireless with cellular data turned off and when I have both wireless and cellular data turned off. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.  On my iPhone 5 toggling airplane mode on and off fixes the issues.  On my wife's GSIII it seems to spontaneously correct.

Agreed, this is happening on both of our Galaxy S3's. We've had the phones for a couple months, the problem started about 2 weeks ago. It also seems to happen to us mostly at home, and in other spotty coverage areas, never at work.

I'm tired of my calendar events and alarms going off randomly in the middle of the night because of this, so I've turned off 'automatic time updates from the network' until Verizon fixes the problem.

0 Likes
RBP85

For me the problem continues.  I was in my back yard, had LTE signal, but when I came into the house, where I have WiFi, the phone had changed from October 24 at 9:18 am to September 18 at 1:03 AM.  I can't imagine that this problem has gone on for more than a month and all Verizon and Apple do is blame each other.  I don't really care whose fault it is, they need to get it fixed.

0 Likes
dnelms

Same problem... ithink it all has to do with going from LTE to WIFI automatically. I have never had it to change on me when strcitly on a LTE connection. But it's a PITA to remember to cut LTE off and back on when leaving. I just want a fix, don't care whether it's software related or tower related, just fix it!

0 Likes
heg

I've found some settings that appear to work on my handset, but the same settings do not work on my wife's handset.

Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically -> OFF

Settings > General > Date & Time > Time Zone -> Enter your respective city

Settings > General > Set Date & Time > Enter current date and time

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Setting Time Zone -> OFF

Like said it does not work on my wife's iphone 5.

She is in Michigan visiting her sister and has had no issue in 3g land, they went to Chicago and had LTE and she said it fine until she returned to her sisters house in 3g land, something to do with LTE with leaving LTE.

I do find it very frustrating that we pay so much for a device like this and then it does not function well.

0 Likes
unModerated

I also have this problem and it's ridiculous how PCmag.com and cnet.com have already been commenting on it yet there is still no "official" problem as far Verizon is concerned. I first contacted Apple Support and their answer is to disable the automatic time. If you do that iMessage will complain at every message. This needs to be resolved for the sake of the business users that depend on the Calender function of the iPhone. It's pretty useless without the correct Time and Date.

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

the probelm is with verizon don;t let them tell you different you need to call tech support and complainto vzw. Vzw needs as many complaints as they can get and maybe they will do there job.. I put in a ticket yesterday this has been going on for about a month now

0 Likes
ryanovelo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am also having this issue in Northern Indiana (Warsaw). I purchased my iphone 5 last month and the problem started about 2 weeks ago. It is so frustrating. I can't use the alarm as I can't trust it to wake me up. Also, iMessage does not work when the time is wrong. I always have to flip the phone to airplane mode and then back on again and it fixes the time. Why am I spending so much money for something that won't even keep the freaking time. Unbelievable.

0 Likes