I just upgraded to a 5s from a 4s and any time LTE is enabled I only have one or two bars! I've never had a problem with having a signal in my own home until now! What's up with LTE?
ambertorre

Am I going to be stuck with this problem until they upgrade the towers around here?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I just upgraded to a 5s from a 4s and any time LTE is enabled I only have one or two bars! I've never had a problem with having a signal in my own home until now! What's up with LTE?
gurase
Contributor - Level 2

LTE signal is different than 1x or 3G signal. 1 or 2 bars on LTE is perfectly usable and different than 1 or 2 bars on 3G.

Also, calls and texts still use the CDMA network, not LTE. Make a call and you'll see it switch over.

View solution in original post

Re: I just upgraded to a 5s from a 4s and any time LTE is enabled I only have one or two bars! I've never had a problem with having a signal in my own home until now! What's up with LTE?
rcschnoor
Legend

You may not have had a problem with "signal" in your home before, but with the iPhone 4S you did not have LTE and therefore did not know the signal strength of LTE in your home before.

0 Likes
gurase
Contributor - Level 2

LTE signal is different than 1x or 3G signal. 1 or 2 bars on LTE is perfectly usable and different than 1 or 2 bars on 3G.

Also, calls and texts still use the CDMA network, not LTE. Make a call and you'll see it switch over.