Re: I had planned on taking advantage of the Unlimited Data Loophole but... (VZW REP PLEASE READ)
JrSamples

Where did the 1000 or so tags come from?

0 Likes
Re: I had planned on taking advantage of the Unlimited Data Loophole but... (VZW REP PLEASE READ)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

YOU had to have typed them in. That's the only way I know for the tags to be there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MichelleLong
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been told by multiple sources (but I still don't know if it is true or not) that Verizon is now tracking the IMEI # on the phone.  If you order a phone with upgrade pricing on one line and then use it on another line on your plan, then they will charge you the full price of the phone (or you'll lose unlimited data.  I emailed a complaint to the VP for my region about having to give up unlimited data since the ShareEverything will cost us more per month.  they gave me a credit for the additional cost for 1 year ($240).

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you purchase from a 3rd party retailer that may happen, and has happened. 

0 Likes
MichelleLong
Enthusiast - Level 3

what about if you buy from a Verizon corporate store?  It seems like they still could track the number.  They told me they were closing the loophole people were using to keep unlimited data.

0 Likes
Not applicable

MichelleLong wrote:

I've been told by multiple sources (but I still don't know if it is true or not) that Verizon is now tracking the IMEI # on the phone.  If you order a phone with upgrade pricing on one line and then use it on another line on your plan, then they will charge you the full price of the phone (or you'll lose unlimited data.  I emailed a complaint to the VP for my region about having to give up unlimited data since the ShareEverything will cost us more per month.  they gave me a credit for the additional cost for 1 year ($240).

I for one can't wait until Verizon not only puts on end to this practice of allowing swaps but ends unlimited all together. And you don't have to switch to Share Everything. You just can't keep unlimited data.

0 Likes
MichelleLong
Enthusiast - Level 3

why would you want to switched to the tiered data plan vs ShareEverything?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

MichelleLong wrote:

what about if you buy from a Verizon corporate store?  It seems like they still could track the number.  They told me they were closing the loophole people were using to keep unlimited data.

Not likely as they do not subsidize the devices farther than what 3rd parties do.  What you are thinking that is rumored has always happened at the 3rd party retailers.  If you ever read their terms of sales it tells you not to switch the device for at least 181 days.  If you do you violate their terms and you will be subjected to their "termination" fee and/or full retail charge of the device.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

MichelleLong wrote:

why would you want to switched to the tiered data plan vs ShareEverything?

It depends on how much usage(and what you use) you do and how many lines you have.  One can be cheaper than the other, and you have to see which one works better for you.

0 Likes
MichelleLong
Enthusiast - Level 3

so I could've upgraded on a basic line to get upgrade pricing and then used the phone on another line to keep the unlimited data?  grrrrr - i just switched to Share Everything today and order a new phone.  Oh well -- we really don't have that much data usage anyway. 

0 Likes