I changed my phone number, but my new number isn't showing up
Vermylen

I changed my phone number on my iPhone 5 4g, and turned it off and waited 5 minutes before I turned it back on, and it's not showing up as my new number. What do I need to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I changed my phone number, but my new number isn't showing up
StunnaBella
Enthusiast - Level 3

urm..if i remembered correctly, i read some where here that someone has posted and asked the same question and then said her new number just revealed in a few hours later..so, basically, it look like youd have to play a waiting game for a little while until then...

out of curiosity, did you made its changed online or phoned crs? if you made that changed online then yeah you might wait alittle bit or a little longer, but if you phoned crs then it should made its changed by now...i could be wrong about the last part but my fairly suggestion to you is to call them up and find out how long will it changes that is if you really want to have your new number to shown asap...hope that helps...and good luck...

0 Likes
StunnaBella
Enthusiast - Level 3

ok..ive been researched to find some more information about it and found a resolution...youd need to dail a  228* so the network can be reprogramming your phone to get it works by have your new number to be shown...its worked and fixed for some of them who have been in your shoe...

(sorry if youve already get it figured out. just thought ill just input that information just incase if someone need know this..)

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

That is *228, not 228*.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also you don't dial *228 on a 4G LTE device. The programming and network connection is handled by the SIM card now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

You are absolutely correct, Ann. I wasn't paying attention to what phone the OP was about.

0 Likes
StunnaBella
Enthusiast - Level 3

urm..thats what i meant by my posted and i know its done by a sim card. i were not sure how to interpreted it as i were doing some researched via phone and as you see english language is not my first language..so yeah but uh...thanks for the correction...at least i got it some sort of information right somewhere in my last posted..ha..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your new number should definitely be up and running by now Vermylen! Still having difficulties? Did you try removing and readding your SIM card?

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes