Re: How soon can you preorder the iphone 5?
pinkypatch

What is your fifty dollar discount for? Does everyone of Verizon get a

50.00 discount?

0 Likes
Leonard1818
Enthusiast - Level 2

A couple of questions Karenn:

1.  How do you know Verizon is going to support a pre-order on Sept 14th?  I know Apple will be -- but does vzw usually follow suit?

2.  Where did you hear it will ship sept 21.?  I heard it would be available Sept 21.  If it's like the iPad, the day it was available to the public was the day it arrived at my door (meaning it was shipped a couple days prior).

just hoping to clear a few things up!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The $50 discount is most likely the New Every 2 discount which Verizon used to have. It was discontinued in Jan, 2011. If your current contract was signed prior to Jan 16, 2011, I believe, and you have had a calling plan which is eligible($40 or higher for calling plan only, data does not count towards this amount) since this time, you would most likely be eligible for this discount.

Just so happens that Sep 15 would be the 20 month point for all of the contracts signed on Jan 15, 2011 and everyone who will ever get 1 more NE2 discount will have it by that date!!!

0 Likes
iphonelover93

I would definately check on if you can use the $50 discount, we were told by multiple employees in multiple verizon stores that the $50 upgrading discount is not eligible to be used on the iPhones.

0 Likes
Leonard1818
Enthusiast - Level 2

so what good is the discount if we can't use it on iPhone?  I looked on my account online and on the page where it lists the discount eligibility (and even when you click the little '?' icon) there's no disclaimer that says "not eligible for use with iPhone".  I would *hope* they would put it on the SAME FRIGGIN PAGE if it's a clause or disclaimer. 

0 Likes
Leonard1818
Enthusiast - Level 2

I presume NE2... I signed my contract (primary line) on Oct 15th (ish) 2010.  I think they were still doing the deal back then. 

0 Likes
Karenn
Enthusiast - Level 3

1. I watched the Apple event this morning.

I think Verizon and AT&T will be doing pre-orders on the 14th. They've done so in the past for the iPhone 4s. However I did read online that pre-orders (even on Apple's website) may not start until 3am Pacific time. I am unsure about the time though, so I will start trying at 12 am!

2. Oops sorry that is what I meant Smiley Happy If you pre-order, you should receive it on the 21 and the same day it will be available in Apple stores at 8:00 am. Not sure what time it will be available at Verizon retailers.

The website says this:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone

0 Likes
Casey6022
Enthusiast - Level 2

i heard it will be on sale the 21 of sept. with who that is not clear if verizon is going to carry them at all, just as bad as them not carrying windows phone 7 or 8 anytime soon either, i am tired of buying droids, its time for a change. i went and looked at the lumina 900 and read about the 920, which sounds awesome. the galaxy 3 is going to be iphones competition from what i have seen, but i guess we will just have to sit back and watch. i am at the point where i would like to have a windows phone, the 920 or the iphone. of course the galaxy 3 is tempting

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

Casey6022 wrote:

i heard it will be on sale the 21 of sept. with who that is not clear if verizon is going to carry them at all, just as bad as them not carrying windows phone 7 or 8 anytime soon either, i am tired of buying droids, its time for a change. i went and looked at the lumina 900 and read about the 920, which sounds awesome. the galaxy 3 is going to be iphones competition from what i have seen, but i guess we will just have to sit back and watch. i am at the point where i would like to have a windows phone, the 920 or the iphone. of course the galaxy 3 is tempting

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/iphone.jsp

0 Likes
Leonard1818
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK cool!  I just wanted to make sure I was understanding how it's going to work.

I think I will try at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST) tonight.  If I can't wake up, I'll try at 7:00 lol.  I don't forsee a rush that has not been properly prepared for.

0 Likes