How is hot spot data billed?
Dealhunter

When I use hot spot on my iphone, is Verizon charging me for double data use?   One charge for iphone data and one charge for hot spot data? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How is hot spot data billed?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your hotspot is simply an access point for a wifi device to use your phone's cellular data connection if no other wifi is available.  It uses your cellular data plan allowance, but you are not being charged double, only once for the data used through the phone.  The connected device is effectively using wifi.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have a full understanding about your options. I have sent a private message. Please respond and we will gladly get the answers that you deserve. Have a great day.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

No, only being charged once for the data being used by the attached devices. If however, you are also using your phone while the hotspot is on, any additional data the phone uses would be added in also. All the data comes out of your single pool of data MB

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your hotspot is simply an access point for a wifi device to use your phone's cellular data connection if no other wifi is available.  It uses your cellular data plan allowance, but you are not being charged double, only once for the data used through the phone.  The connected device is effectively using wifi.

Dealhunter

Thank you for answering my question.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dealhunter It is our pleasure to help you. We are here when you need us.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

If I have unlimited data does this cover me using hot spot and my phone as normal?

also I have not internet at my cabin and can't get it there is the woods.  Could I purchase a hot spot device and be able to use my laptop for work and etc?  Is this under my unlimited data plan? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how useful it can be to use mobile hotspot, especially if you are traveling. I would love to help as much as I can. Do you know what unlimited plan you have?  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
dlburrill
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the THE NEW VERIZON PLAN UNLIMITED family plan.  However, with the increased usage due to the C19 virus I've started receiving texts that we are about to exceed our hotspot usage allotment of 15gb?  Isn't that just data use?  And isn't that covered in my unlimited plan?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KerryC_VZW Hello, we are here to help you. Please reach out to Facebook or Twitter to proceed.

0 Likes