How hard will it be to get an iPhone 5?
crice3

If the iPhone is announced as expected and it comes out in a few weeks, how hard will it be to get one? I am eligible for an upgrade 10/26.

Is there usually a way to pre-order if you plan is close to being up for renewal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How hard will it be to get an iPhone 5?
Casper72
Enthusiast - Level 3

i would bet they will make you wait if it comes out before then. Is that date your actual contract being up or the time period they let you upgrade early? If it is your actual date then yes you probably can. But most people look at when tehy early date is adn so if it is before then I would bet they would not let you.  But I am a new person here and do not know anything comparted to some of these wonderful people.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

crice3 wrote:

If the iPhone is announced as expected and it comes out in a few weeks, how hard will it be to get one? I am eligible for an upgrade 10/26.

Is there usually a way to pre-order if you plan is close to being up for renewal?

You must currently be eligible to upgrade when the iPhone 5 is released for Pre-order (not it's actual release date, but when Verizon allows you to pre order it) or you will not be able to pre order it.

When the iPhone 4 came out it was the same way, and Verizon was not even allowing those eligible to use their annual upgrades for it. I'm assuming this will be the same, and there will be absolutely no early upgrades.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait, so if I have an annual upgrade, I WON"T be able to pre-order?  That's **bleep**.  If I'm a paying customer, which I am, never having missed a payment or been late, why shouldn't I be able to pre-order and pay for the phone plus the extra $20 or whatever it is for the upgrade?

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Because there are special rules for the iPhone.  If you're very upset, I'd reccomend contacting Apple with your concerns, they're the ones who make the rules.

People were able to use their annual upgrades after the iPhone had been out for a bit, I suspect that will be the same this time.  A little bit of patience is probably all that's needed here.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

SpasticPat wrote:

Wait, so if I have an annual upgrade, I WON"T be able to pre-order?  That's **bleep**.  If I'm a paying customer, which I am, never having missed a payment or been late, why shouldn't I be able to pre-order and pay for the phone plus the extra $20 or whatever it is for the upgrade?

As Spottedcatfish said, there are special rules for the iPhones thanks to Apple. No one was allowed to pre-order or purchase an iPhone 4 on Verizon with an annual upgrade for quite some time. I'm guessing this is because there is such an enormous demand for them, they only allow those eligible for their 2 year upgrade to purchase one to make sure they have enough in stock for everyone.

0 Likes
crice3

So say the iPhone comes out Oct 14/15 like has been rumored. My upgrade begins on 10/21. Any chance that I will be able to get one in a timely manner or will I have to wait for months?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

crice3 wrote:

So say the iPhone comes out Oct 14/15 like has been rumored. My upgrade begins on 10/21. Any chance that I will be able to get one in a timely manner or will I have to wait for months?

well since it will sell out and be back ordered, apple plans this and limits supply.

you may get it by jan 1st. if your lucky

0 Likes
brandarae

That bites! My last annual upgrade was available as of Oct 1st. I was going to wait for the IPhone 5 (or whatever it's going to be called!). I don't know how much longer I'm willing to wait. I'm ready to throw my Palm Pre in the driveway and run it over! :smileysad: 

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Mine's been good since the end of April so it's going to expire at the end of October and then I'll need to wait until December 23rd.  I was expecting the new iPhone at WWDC but Apple didn't release it yet so now they're finally releasing it and I can't get it...I hate my original Droid, slow as molasses, I do battery pulls 3-4 times a week if not more.

0 Likes