How do I turn off call waiting?
Thermalmeister
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can anyone tell me how to deactive/turn off the call waiting feature on my iPhone 5?  I find it really annoying to be interrupted by a call when I am talking to someone else.  I would prefer the second caller to get a busy signal, or transfer directly to voicemail.  Even better would be a special message greeting that informs the second caller that I am speaking to someone else now and to either leave a voicemail, or call back in a few minutes......

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I turn off call waiting?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Thermalmeister,

Unwanted features can be annoying! You can remove most features from your line via MyVerizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc . Sign into your MyVerizon account>Click on change features in the far left options column>Choose your number>Click on Call waiting>Click in the remove section>apply changes. When someone calls you while your on a call, the caller will hear a busy signal.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can I disable Call Waiting?

Yes, you can disable it temporarily by pressing *70 before dialing a number.

To Cancel Call Waiting:

Before a call, dial *70 + the 10-digit number you are calling + SEND.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Thermalmeister,

Unwanted features can be annoying! You can remove most features from your line via MyVerizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc . Sign into your MyVerizon account>Click on change features in the far left options column>Choose your number>Click on Call waiting>Click in the remove section>apply changes. When someone calls you while your on a call, the caller will hear a busy signal.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
need_verizon_help

Are these instructions still valid (March 1, 2019)?  If not, how do I disable call waiting?  I do not wish to have other calls come in while I'm on a call.  Can they go to voicemail instead?  Even busy signal is preferred.  I have an iphone 8 plus.  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

need_verizon_help - I understand you not wanting to be bothered by an incoming call when you are on the phone, and we will be delighted to help you. The previous instructions are no longer valid. The Call Waiting FAQs provide instructions on how you can temporarily disable Call Waiting and more. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-waiting-faqs/###### If you are looking to disable the Call Waiting feature permanently from your line, it can be done through customer service. Are you looking to disable Call Waiting temporarily or permanently?

-JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes