How do I get a new SIM card?
Krisje251
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have an iphone 4 that does not have a SIM card. I recently bought an iphone 5c that has a nano SIM card for verizon but it is registered to another verizon number. I plan on activating my iphone 4 number onto the 5C. Do I need a new nano SIM card or can I change the phone number associated with that sim to my number?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Getting a new SIM card
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are free at Corporate Verizon stores; retailers usually charge for them. 

View solution in original post

boxermansr
Contributor - Level 1

You'll need to get a new Nano Sim. They are free at any Verizon Wireless location.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are free at Corporate Verizon stores; retailers usually charge for them. 

B33
Legend

Sim Cards can also be sent to your home location as well if you can't visit a Store just call Customer Service at  1-800-922-0204 or from your Cell at *611 b33

Tags (1)
0 Likes
MEEMEE2
Enthusiast - Level 1

IS IT NORMAL FOR A PHONE NOT TO BE ABLE TO MAKE CALLS WITHOUT A SIM CARD?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Sim card is the Link to what makes the phone work without it the phone is basically nothing as the Sim holds your account, the plan your on etc..

0 Likes
lrooker
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a simmilar question - I purchased a new iphone 7 plus for my child who will be time sharing with me, here in the US and her Mom in Costa Rica - I called customer support and the agent told me the least expensive way to handle the bill would be to have my child purchase a SIM card at a Verizon store in Costa Rica and install that card when in Costa Rica,  Unfortunately, our call was disconnected and I don't want to spend another hour on hold.  Is there anyone here that can help me figure out the rest of this process?

So purchase the SIM card in Costa Rica, or get it for free at a corporate store, then do I have to set up another plan for the phone to be used in Costa Rica?  or do the charges go to my existiing plan? and what are the charges or do they fall under the existing unlimited plan?  Do I buy a monthly package for the international calls from Costa Rica to the US?

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knowing all the details when traveling is critical.  We are here to help.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes