How do I find out what apps are using data?
Bull427

My son's iPhone5 keeps using up my data plan each month. This has only started within the last 2 months. I turned off all non-essential apps and even the WiFi Assist yet he has now used up more that half the data plan. I see some data being used overnight but can't figure out what apps are doing it. Bulk of the data is being eaten by video but all video apps are turned off.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do i find out what apps are using the data plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know a sudden spike in usage can be alarming, let's look into this. Our Data Utilization Tool can assist you with identifying how the usage is being consumed: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-utilization-faqs/. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know a sudden spike in usage can be alarming, let's look into this. Our Data Utilization Tool can assist you with identifying how the usage is being consumed: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-utilization-faqs/. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

AyaniB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bull427,

Help has arrived! Let’s make sure we get a handle on the data usage mystery. Please go to Settings, General, App & iTunes Store. When you are in there, please scroll down to where it says “Use Cellular Data” & make sure that is turned off. This means that whenever an app is updating, it will not use our cellular data service. This will guarantee that no cellular data is being used when that happens. Can you please walk me through the process of how he closes out apps?

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes