Horrible experience with iphone defect and customer service (or lack there-of)!
tomziphone

The whole phone defective/replacement experience was horrible. The lock button went crazy.  I would be doing something and it would lock screen, ask me if I wanted to turn device off.  I would get past that and same cycle all the time.  I took it to the store where I purchased the device.  They said that it was the iphone 5, no longer in stock, and that I would be getting the replacement covered under warranty on Friday for sure.   I went literally almost 6 days without a device that I could use reliably and had it effect my job.  I could not take 3 assignments due to the fact my phone was not able to perform the necessary functions (taking pictures sending emails etc) and for each day I lost about $200 of wages.   I called and asked for an option that would fix or replace my phone immediately and got no help whatsoever!  I had called customer care when I got the FedEx shipping confirmation because it said delivery by 8pm, which I assumed was on Friday as promised in the store.  I called FedEx to see if I could upgrade the shipping option, they told me it was possible but that Verizon had to do it since they could not alter shipments created by Verizon.  I was told Verizon could contact them and make a specific change since the device had just been picked up.  Shipped from Ft. Worth Texas (240 miles from my home) it was set for the cheapest delivery option to come by 8pm.  I immediately called 611 and talked to a woman who informed me that she will check, but probably could not alter shipping option.  I explained that Fedex said that it was possible.  I was put on hold for 10 minutes, and then told she tried but was not sure it worked.  I asked her why I couldn't go to a store and receive an in stock replacement, she told me that was not in stock and no way.  I asked why I could not be allowed to pay a fee to have a device in stock, being not my fault the original phone was defective, she said no but I could pay full retail price for another device if I wanted one.  I think that is ridiculous, but she told me in pretty much the exact words that for Verizon to allow me to pay to upgrade outside of the contract time frame for any reason would put them at risk of Apple cancelling Verizon's contract to sell the iphone.  I asked if it was possible my one line and device could jeapordize a multi billion dollar arrangement and she said yes it could.  That is pretty crazy I am that powerful as a customer.  So that was why they could do nothing to help.

SO I check the shipping on Thursday night to make sure the phone was coming, and I realized that the date was not Friday at 8pm, But for MONDAY at 8pm...  Shipped on Thursday afternoon from Ft. Worth Texas to near Austin, TX they selected not any overnight option, not even 2 day option, but chose the last express option available putting it at my door working days later at the last possible time slot.  They could have sent it to me in a covered wagon with horses towing it along, and it would have been here days sooner.  I called again, and got bounced around, told that someone was taking care of it, called back told they would do something..... THen finally one lady told me that the store manager could at their discretion allow me to pay an upgrade fee for a device in stock.  I called the store they said no way.  SO I lost 3 contract assignments due to the fact I did not have the required equipment this IT company uses (iphones for pictures, communication with tech support, etc) and they offered me no help, no loaner, no option aside from shelling out 700 dollars to show their loyalty and or concern to customers when products they carry are defective.  Not a single compromise made by anyone.

I am very upset.  I should have gone with a lesser costing carrier, but thought for being more expensive Verizon would be better to deal with.

Over It!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes