High Data Useage on I-Phone 5!!!
alpha_sum

My 9th grader got an I-Phone 5 and all of a sudden our family data usage has jumped nearly 500%. I see usage happening in small increments (sometimes larger) all night long for no apparent reason. Can I tell what apps are generating the usage on her phone?

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: High Data Useage on I-Phone 5!!!
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

You need to close all apps when not in use

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Reply back if you don't know how to do this this is NOT just taking the app off the screen the app still is open if you do this

0 Likes
alpha_sum

I do not know how to close all apps, I have her phone now. But not the users guide. Can you direct me as to how to close all apps? Also, is there a way to see which apps are causing the problems? Did Apple get the WiFi issue fixed in 13.1?

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

I do know how to see what apps uses that most and I do not know of a wifi issue my iPhone 5 wifi is working fine ok now here tell her to double tap home button 2 till apps show up at the bottom of the screen then hold down one app till it shakes then a x shold be showing this is how close all apps till you open them again do this also to save bat life

PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT WORK FOR Vzw but give good advice

jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Here is how you see what apps use the most

1. Hit settings

2 go to general (hit

3 hit on usage

You should now see all apps on phone now hit an app and look for doc and data

homeistexas
Enthusiast - Level 3

They just released a new update for the iphone 5 this afternoon. hook your iphone to computer open itunes on your computer then on the iphone open settings then general then software update and follow the directions. don't know if its going to fix the problems because I just downloaded it and i turned things on in my phone to see if it will eat data tonight while im sleeping I sure hope it fixes the problem of eating data while on wifi.

0 Likes
alpha_sum

Well I got the apps shaking, she only has 4 running now; mail, phone, messages and settings. They are shaking but there is no "x" just a "-" sign. How do I close them? I wonder if mail could be consuming this data?

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Shut phone down and power back on and try it again apps at the bottom of they are Internet related they are using data

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Sup does it fix the time zone problem

0 Likes