mdawg2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

The other day I was using my iPhone 5 (4G LTE) and then it wouldn't charge anymore, so I switched back to my old iPhone 3 (3G). Now, I got my iPhone 5 to finally turn on and charge again and now I can't switch back to it. I call *611 and it doesn't help me any. All it tells me to do is put the SIM card in my phone and to turn it back on and it should work, but iPhone's don't have that. I just want to switch back to my iPhone 5. Anyone know how to switch back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mdawg2020,

I am sorry to hear you're having trouble with your device. When you switched back to your iPhone 5, was the Device ID correctly reflecting it online? The iPhone 5 does have a sim card as it is a 4g device. Please recheck that you have the sim card inserted inside the device so it can be reactivated.

Thank you!

EdW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mdawg2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did find a SIM card. I called *611 again to try to activate my iPhone 5 and it told me to insert the SIM card while it's turned off and when I turn my phone on the activation process should start again. Once I turn my phone back on, nothing happens. What could I do to get it activated?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad you found the sim card. However, can you confirm if you have the correct device ID list for the phone under your number? Since you switched the phones around, perhaps the device ID needs to be check to ensure its correctly listed so your device can be activated and programmed.

Thank you!

EdW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mdawg2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I check if the device ID is correct for my number?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mdawg2020,

That is going to be very easy to do! You can log in to My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc using the Account Owner's log in information, and then click on Manage My Device under your phone number. That will display your Device ID, which is the SIM card number. It'll also tell you if the phone activated right now is the old phone or the new one. If you find that this is the old iPhone and not the 5 that you want to use, you can click on "Activate or Switch Device" under the Manage My Device section on the left side to get the iPhone 5 working.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mdawg2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to Manage My Device and the device ID is definitely not my SIM card number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mdawg2020,

Aha! Then we've found the issue! Your iPhone 5 isn't activated back onto your line. Please go ahead and log back in to My Verizon, click on "Activate or Switch Device" under the Manage My Device section on the left side of the page. In your iPhone 5 you can go to Settings>General>About and view the ICCID number. This is your SIM card number. You can then use that info to go through the steps in My Verizon to activate the SIM card, and with it, the phone.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mdawg2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you activate the SIM card?

0 Likes
mdawg2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried typing in my SIM card number when it asks for the device ID but the number doesn't fit

0 Likes