Re: Grandfathered unlimited data + mobile hotspot + iPhone 5
Tidbits
Legend

Jumpie1 wrote:

Dude, you're completely wrong. You chose to get a subsidized phone or at a discount and therefore gave up your rights to use unlimited data how you choose for a measly 2GB.

I chose to keep my unlimited data and pay full price for my i5. And, I should be allowed to choose how I want to use my data whether it's just to play SongPop or surf the web on the phone or tether to my entire house (per FCC rules).

>Comment deleted, From the ToS: Posts that discuss hacking and/or rooting a wireless device from any carrier will be removed. In addition, name calling comment removed<

Bandwidth should not be throttled by VZW because of the amount of data you use. Bandwidth should be determined by how many people are using the network just it does if everyone in your community were using your home broadband at the same time streaming HD movies. Period.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Your actually wrong.  FCC recognizes the fact the old agreements will follow old rules.  They are not bound by the new terms.  Write to the FCC and they will tell you what I just told you.  It's no different like a house in Hawaii built before 1984.  Only those homes are allowed single wall construction.  Any home built after 1984 must be of dual wall construction. 

0 Likes
Jumpie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, you are permitted to use any app of your choice regardless of what it is. And, no matter what it is, all the data you want if you're on unlimited without being throttled as long as you're on LTE.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You don't get it.  Sure you can use any app, but if you do get caught using said apps you can be charged for the data you used much like it was before the FCC rules.  You are still grandfathered to the old terms and the old terms apply.  Like I said before ask the fcc about it.  They'll tell you what I just told you.

0 Likes
Jumpie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

>Since the poster resigned to name calling to ask their question, this post has been deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's been beaten with a dead horse. It's based on what you agreed to. If you take the sim out only 1 device is using data. If you tether two or more devices are using data. It's all based on what the agreement you agreed to. Based on the old grandfathered agreement you agreed that one device can use the data plan and if you want more than one device using the data you will pay for an additional add on.

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

>This thread has been answered and rehashed over and over, it will now be locked<

0 Likes