Re: Get Iphone 4 Now or Wait Until Iphone 5?
chronicfuture12

Haha, yeah I read somewhere that it was confirmed by Verizon that they would move to tiered data plans soon.  Does that mean if I get the contract with the unlimited data that I will have that through the entire length of the contract even if Verizon changes during the summer?

0 Likes
lou0685

chronicfuture12 wrote:

Haha, yeah I read somewhere that it was confirmed by Verizon that they would move to tiered data plans soon.  Does that mean if I get the contract with the unlimited data that I will have that through the entire length of the contract even if Verizon changes during the summer?

Yes, because it is a contract,this will effect new cusomers.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

TBhouston wrote:

It hasn't been confirmed anywhere that the iphone won't launch simultaneously on both carriers. So that 2012 seems a bit much.

As far as it being only a minor upgrade..look at the ipad2, apple users just want whats new no matter how minor the change

It hasn't been confirmed that Apple will release it simultaneously either.  If you look at Apple's track record, and the rumors which are based on the iPad 2(almost ALL iPhone 5 rumors to date are based off the iPad2) the iPad 2 is not dual mode.  Also if you go by release dates for ALL carriers before Verizon joined in the mix NONE have had the same release date as AT&T and is always spaced out by at least 2 months(so it won't flood activation servers).  So why is Verizon different?  I still willing to take bets that Verizon iPhone "5" won't happen until next year.  

Edit:

Sorry, but Apple isn't that stupid to shorten sales rather than just wait to release the 5 so everyone can upgrade to that. 

Why bring out the 4 is the 5 is just 3 months away.  Apple would have just waited it out...  It wouldn't be cost efficient to rework the iPhone 4 and then during that time develop the 5 for BOTH carriers.  Everyone stop looking at the "rumors" and think rationally for a minute.

0 Likes
carey

Thanks for all the feedback....I'm thinking I should get my iPhone now instead of waiting!

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

carey wrote:

Thanks for all the feedback....I'm thinking I should get my iPhone now instead of waiting!

I would just get it and enjoy it now. It will do most of what the next generation will, and you'll have unlimited for at least two years. Instead of waiting around for the next best thing, you'll be ready for another upgrade right after iPhone 6 releases.

0 Likes