Re: Found Iphone
julie_

Do you know for sure that Verizon will not give me any information or you think so?

Do you work to Verizon?

I already tried to ask to an Apple Store, they told me that they cannot do anything and they propose me to take the phone so they can "recycle" it. Ha ha! Which I translate it in "refurbish it".. (remove the icloud link and sale it to somebody else).

Since it has already been buy by somebody, I think that I should try to find this person.

Any idea?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I do not work for Verizon, and thus am not 100% sure. I would be very upset with Verizon if they gave my name, phone number, or address to anyone. Not directed at you, but how would Verizon know the phone was not stolen, and seeing a nice shiny iPhone, the thief calculates I probably have other nice shiny expensive things in my house and Verizon hands them my info so they can get to my house. No thank you. Besides, it is fairly standard with privacy rules not to give this information out.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

They won't give you personal information for the owner of the device.

What city did you find it in? Are there any distinguishing marks on it? Crack in a certain corner? Case on it?

0 Likes
julie_

OK, I totally understand you point... but an email address?

What can I do with an email address except send an email? 

(... and, ok, it's true,  sign up for Verizon email newsletters, which I previously did because I thought it was just a form that would allow me to ask them a question) Smiley Happy

What if they just send MY email address to this person and then, he or she will decide to write to me (or not)?

To MiiHere: I found it in lawn along the Mississippi river in Vacherie, LA (closed to the Oak Alley plantation).. so there is good chance that it belongs to a tourist.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You could post a lost and found ad on Craigslist - trying to see if there is a local lost and found other than via the police station.

0 Likes