Disappointed
ashleeih

Very disappointed that lower level companies such as tmobile have the feature to cancel any call during a conference call as well as use their cellular data while on the phone. Verizon's iphone allows you to do neither. For a top mobile company with the best wireless services available, this is totally unacceptable for a lower level wireless company to have these features and verizon's iphone customers do not. The company needs to do better with negotiating the features that are made available for their iphone customers. Verizon customers do not exactly pay pennies and nickels for services, yet tmobile's prices are alot cheaper and their customers get "top notch" features. Highly disappointed with verizon, they have had Iphones long enough now for these features to be made available. The head executives do not seem to be doing all they can to make these things happen for their verizon iphone customers. Something needs to be done, quickly!!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Disappointed
rcschnoor
Legend

This is an Apple limitation as they decided not to add the hardware to the device in order to accomplish this on the Verizon network. Verizon can't force Apple to include the hardware.

ALL 4G android phones have this capability on the Verizon network. If this capability is necessary for you, possibly you should look at an android phone until Apple decides this capability is worth adding the hardware to their phones.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe the newer Windows and BlackBerry phones can use voice and 4G LTE data simultaneously.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ashleeih

Thank you, but I am aware that this is an Apple limitation and have made the statement to them as well. That still does not eliminate the the effort of verizon to try to convince Apple this hardware is needed for their iphone customers as well. If tmobile could work something out with apple, I am sure verizon can too.

0 Likes
ashleeih

Thank you. Yes that is what I was told, but I do not prefer android. I just think that there should be a bit more effort to try to get the software added.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

T-Mobile uses the GSM network for voice and data. LTE is also GSM based. Therefore the voice and data can occur at the same time because of the network type used by T-Mobile.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

ashleeih wrote:

Thank you. Yes that is what I was told, but I do not prefer android. I just think that there should be a bit more effort to try to get the software added.

It is not software, but hardware. Apple felt it didn't need to put the correct hardware into the phone to make simultaneous voice/data available on the Verizon network. No amount of software will change this fact.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Apple does what Apple wants.

There is nothing Verizon can do to "convince" Apple to add additional hardware. T-Mobile didn't work something out with Apple. The hardware needed was already in the phone when T-Mobile gained the ability to sell iPhones.

ashleeih

Okay. I see! thank you for that information.

0 Likes