Disable automated voicemail instructions
Razini
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone successfully been able to disable the automated robo lady voicemail instructions that say 'At the tone, please record your message. When you have finished recording, you may hang up, or press 1 for more options. To leave a callback number, press 5.'?

I was able to disable it on AT&T, but Verizon seems much less consumer friendly...Anybody have any luck?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Disable automated voicemail instructions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Razni,

Fantastic question! I certainly understand how important it is to have the availability to customize your desired voicemail. My sincere apologies that this automated message would be unable to be removed. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions or concerns, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Razni,

Fantastic question! I certainly understand how important it is to have the availability to customize your desired voicemail. My sincere apologies that this automated message would be unable to be removed. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions or concerns, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The customer you are calling can change to rapid prompts under administrative options.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Armaced
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, rapid prompts are something else.  That means that the VM owner hears faster prompts when navigating the settings. 

I just spent an hour on the phone with Verizon Customer Support troubleshooting this problem and researching it on the internet while I do so.  In the end, I got the confirmation that we can not disable this mandatory voice mail tutorial after our recorded announcement.  The reason is pretty obvious - the carriers make hundreds of millions of dollars off the extra minutes that we spend listening to their class every time we leave a voice mail.

fiberwoolie

Well that answers my question of why they would let us add one of our own customized ones if we have to ALSO use theirs.  Like I really want 2 messages going out.  "Hi you've reached....leave a message.  Hi, you've reached...leave a message.  

0 Likes