Cellular data usage spiking while using WIFI
5MUPPETS

Over the last couple of months, we have noticed a HUGE spike in our Cellular Data usage.  We have had an iPhone 5 for a little over a year and have always been under our 2GB limit.  However, during October our "usage" spiked to almost 4GB resulting in additional charges.  In November, we saw our "usage" spike to almost 5GB.  We do not stream music nor videos and have gone as far as to turn off data for apps and images on emails.  Additionally, we use WIFI at home with multiple access points to ensure complete coverage.  This is maddening and extremely frustrating knowing we have not drastically changed our usage and have most likely decreased our usage based on our awareness of the issue.  Verizon's solutions are to increase our plan, turn off cellular data while on WIFI, and wipe the phone.  All of which are not acceptable.  The suggestion that 4G results in higher data usage than 3G is just ridiculous.  I will be watching our usage this month very closely and refuse to pay any overages.  If it continues to climb, I will make my voice heard the only other way I know how by walking to another carrier.  I have been a Verizon supporter and customer for almost 10 years however, this is unacceptable.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cellular data usage spiking while using WIFI
muvotx
Contributor - Level 2

My findings on the matter are summarized here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47CM06N5gIo

0 Likes