Can't send Picture or Group Messages
vonpatterson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a 16GB white iPhone 5 & I have only had it for less than a week now. I have noticed that for whatever reason, my phone will not send picture messages. It will fill the "sending bar" to about 85% and then say "not delivered." And I'm "NOT PLEASED." I can't send group messages either and would like to know what is going on with my phone. I have already tried resetting my general settings and that did not work. Any help is appreciated. I think it's ridiculous that it's acting up seeing as how I haven't even had the time to get used to it. You're slacking Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send Picture or Group Messages
PaddyDuff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I e-mailed the same concern last week and have yet to receive a reply. Picture, video, and group messages just will not go through on the same model phone. Where are you, Verizon? Even if it was a device issue which Apple seems to know nothing about, we'd like to hear from you!

PaddyDuff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey! I found an answer that worked in another forum! See tashrocca's response:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/876851#876851

vonpatterson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks PaddyDuff! I have actually tried the resetting option multiple times before, but it still never helped. I did figure out that I was making a stupid mistake on my part though, which was not having my Cellular Data on when I tried to send a picture message, or being connected to wi-fi! I think it's odd that I have to use data to send picture messages though.... Thanks for the link! Hope your problem is resolved soon too!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PaddyDuff,

Good afternoon. First I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your post. Let's get to the bottom of this on going messaging issue you are experiencing. When sending a picture message from your iPhone, please ensure your Cellular Data is turned on. Settings>General>Cellular>Cellular Data On. Sending a picture message will require you to be connected to a Verizon data connection. Unfortunately, picture messages will not send over wi-fi. I do apologize for any confusion this may have caused. If you have Cellular data turned on and you are still unable to send a picture, please reach out to us to further troubleshoot. Have an great day!

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
PaddyDuff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've already resolved my issue. A reset to factory settings (excluding

data) worked quickly and effectively.

0 Likes
Monorail

I couldn’t send photos from iPhone to a group. One person had android phone. Texts were ok. I had all settings correct, MMS enabled. My fix was to turn off Wi-Fi, and presto, the photo sent. 

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes