Can not make a phone call inside the home with Iphone 5
triky40
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can not make a phone call with Verizone Iphone 5 inside the house. I did remove/insert sim card and reset the network but nothing has changed. Went to Verizone store, they said the phone is old and recommend a new phone but they indicate that the new phone may experience the same problem as Iphone 5. What do I need to do?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can not make a phone call inside the home with Iphone 5
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, the iPhone 5 is a 7 yr old device and would be considered "old". I believe the iPhone 5 is capable of wifi calling, but I am unsure. Do you have a broadband internet connection inside your home? If so, you could activate wifi calling on your device in order to make calls via wifi in your home. If the iPhone 5 is not compatible with wifi calling, you could get a network extender to get signal inside your home or you could upgrade to another phone which is compatible with wifi calling. All new iPhones should be compatible as should all new android devices.

If you do not have a broadband internet connection inside your home, you may have to look for a provider which has better service at your home if you need coverage there. Keep in mind, a provider which has better service in your home may not have as good coverage in other areas in which you require service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my phone to keep my calls connected at all times and want to ensure you can rely on your phone as well, triky40. Let's take a closer look into this. When did these issues start? What happens when making a call? Do you have any trouble with text or data?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
triky40
Enthusiast - Level 2

DanielleR_VZW,

Thanks for asking, I do not have trouble to text but do have trouble to call. iPhone 5 do not have wifi calling capability. Trouble is people in Verizone store indicates that newer iphone (6 or 7) may have the same problem as iphone 5. I can not afford the newest iphone (which is cost around $1000).

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

triky40,

Being able to count on your phone where you need it is always crucial. I'm very sorry you've had this problem but we're always here to assist. An older device can be more prone to have issues but that isn't the only reason you could have trouble at home. That said, a newer phone would at least have the Wi-Fi calling option which can be a big help inside. What happens if you try to call in your home? How does the service work if you step just outside the house? 

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes