Re: Anyone who activated iPhone 5 on upgrade line and tried to switch to another line and got a 24 hour wait?
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

Yes the sim was removed once only beacuse I went to my local store and they tried some sim card they found there but it still didn't work with the sim they found so he replaced the sim the phone came with.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone who activated iPhone 5 on upgrade line and tried to switch to another line and got a 24 hour wait?
pemoe26
Enthusiast - Level 3

Welp, still nothing for me 😕 hopefully by morning...

yr2615
Contributor - Level 1
Yeah, I'd like to enjoy the rest of my weekend playing with my new iPhone!  I'll now by 7 a.m. If Verizon was blowing smoke up my a$$ once again.
0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1
Good news, pemoe26! I tried activating my phone online at a few minutes past 4 a.m. (don't ask me what I was doing up) and it FINALLY went through! It had been about 21 hours since I deactivated it.  I'm sure yours will be able to activate soon also!  Adam@xerox had advised me to have both phones off when I did the activation online but being half asleep, I forgot to turn off the old one. The activation still went through online though, so that was good. But when I tried to make a call on the new phone right after turning it on, I got the Verizon recorded message. That's when I realized I had left the other phone on. So I shut it off and then restarted the new phone. A couple minutes later, I tried making a call and it went through.  Now I'm restoring the new phone from an iCloud backup. It took me awhile to figure out how to run the setup assistant again so that it can give me the option to restore, since I had already ran it when I activated the phone the first time. I had to go to settings>general>reset>erase all content and settings and I was able to set it up like brand new again.  Thanks to everyone on these forums for their valuable input and no thanks to Verizon!
pemoe26
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's awesome! Yes, I was also able to do it! I slept in a little longer, though, and woke up at 5:30 haha. And yes, thanks to the COMMUNITY, and NOT Verizon! You have all been so much more helpful than VZW. In effort of good faith, though, the last tech support person I spoke with did at least make a note to call me this morning to help me activate if he saw I wasn't able to yet (waits for VZW mod to come in and take credit for everything). Everyone else, though, just gave me BS answers. This was an overall painful experience. Get your act together, Big Red. Oh, and as an aside, next time you have a huge phone launch, you might as well just deactivate the @VZWSupport twitter. I'm sure they have been inundated, but when it takes you 4-18 HOURS to respond to URGENT issues (ex: no working phone), there really is no point in keeping it up.

0 Likes
dewdst

So yr2615 and pemoe, it finally worked once you deactivated iPhone 5 off your account and pulled sim for 24 hrs? because i finally did that @ 7am this morning....hoping by tomorrow morning i can finally activate it on the line i intended to use this thing on....until then paper weight

thanks

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

Hi dewdst, that's right. I didn't have to physically remove the SIM card. I just went online to My Verizon and activated an old dumb phone that I had (using the MEID number under the battery.) I selected the $9.99/month plan for dumb phones and then hit submit. I believe I dialed *228 to activate the dumb phone once it gave me the confirmation message. But it will let you know on that confirmation page what else you may need to do to the phone. The activation was immediate. I tried making a call from the iPhone just to make sure it was deactivated and it was. My Verizon also reflected the dumb phone on the line that the iPhone used to be on. Then it was just one long waiting game until it finally allowed me to activate the iPhone on the correct line. I'm sure it will work for you also once it hits 24 hours, probably even a little before.

0 Likes
dewdst

ok cool.  I did exactly what you described and also removed the SIM as of 8:45am 9/23 .....i will try just after 7am eastern time 9/24 to reactivate the iphone on my line and post back here my results for anyone dealing with this joke of an issue.  Honestly I love verizons voice service, however everything else is awful and I wish AT&T was a little more on par and I would switch back 😕

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

Yup...the way I see it is Verizon is the lesser of several evils!

0 Likes
slimmie

Hi all,

Confirmation that the 24 hour period indeed works.

Background on myself.

Iphone5 was upgraded on a line different from the line that it was going to be permanently used on. Phone was received on the 21st and was activated on the upgraded line.   I immediately deactivated this line from the Iphone5 and activated a different phone on this line.  The iphone5 was since deactivated from any account since 8pm on Sept 21st.

Had issues with getting the Iphone5 activated on the line it was meant to be permanently used on. Verizon stores were out of Nano sims and i was getting restless.  Finally after reading this thread, I decided to give it a try after reading that a 24 hr period of deactivation will allow the nano sim to be activated on another line.

Conclusion: Success.  Called a verizon rep to have the switch conducted since there was a hold on my My Verizon online account.  ( I had an open order for a nano sim card to switch phones.  Did not allow me to reach the screen to input the MEID and sim card numbers).  I gave my info to the rep after notifying her that the Iphone was deactivated since 8pm on the 21st, and the sim card pulled out of the phone since then.  (I also kept the Iphone on airplane mode for some reason which may have helped). THe rep informed me that the switch went through, and for good measure I also confirmed that the unlimited data rate was still in tact.  

A couple thigns that are still iffy.  On the My Verizon website, it shows the Iphone5 under the correct number and activated as per the verizon rep.  I am getting 4G LTE data on the Iphone5 itself, however, I am not yet able to make outgoing calls.  I expect this to be resolved soon as the rep informed me of delays due to the high volume of IPhone 5 activations.  Also, the number listed in my Iphone5 still shows the original number to which it was purchased under.  I am guessing this is an Iphone hardware issue but can not completely confirm this.

I will report back with confirmation the total switch process has been completed.

0 Likes