Re: Anyone who activated iPhone 5 on upgrade line and tried to switch to another line and got a 24 hour wait?
radnj1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

hooray!

0 Likes
Re: Anyone who activated iPhone 5 on upgrade line and tried to switch to another line and got a 24 hour wait?
wondertwinpower
Enthusiast - Level 2

THANK YOU radnj1972!

I wish I had found this information before I activated my new iPhone5!!! Hopefully you will help someone else!

0 Likes
Olivia
Enthusiast - Level 3

iDroid - did you have your phone activated on another line first, or did you not even turn your phone on?

0 Likes
dreucla23
Enthusiast - Level 2

iDroid -- Thanks for your updates. I'm in the same boat -- the phone is activated on the upgrade line and I'm waiting 24 hours to get it activated on my destination line. Did you keep the phone/SIM active on the upgrade line for 24 hours or does it need to be deactivated for 24 hours? I've gotten both responses from Verizon but am not sure which one is correct.

yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

Congrats iDroid! Hopefully this means there's hope for me as well.  My iphone5 is turning out to be a pretty nice paper weight!

0 Likes
Lazyndesert
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been following this thread since 7pm pst yesterday as my adventures were just like all of yours, except without ending up with a working phone. Wanted to post on here, in case anyone was just overly cautious like me, that you are still going to get the screen showing the number for your phone as being the one on your sim (the "wrong" one). Keep pushing next and ignoring it. I didn't do that until this morning and once I did my online status changed from order pending to showing the new phone. I suspect had I done this last night I would have been rejoicing much sooner. Anyway, you all helped a hell of a lot more than Verizon did so thank you for that. Gonna laugh when my supposedly required new SIM card shows up on Wed.

yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

I'm curious about this as well dreucla23. I activated at 5:45 pm (pacific) yesterday and then deactivated at 7 am this morning. When I called Verizon the rep made reference to my activation time, not my deactivation time, so I'm hoping for 5:45 pm today. Also, I believe iDroid activated at around 10:30 am yesterday and his phone just got activated a few minutes ago. Not sure what time zone he's in, but that seems pretty close to the 24 hour mark.

Olivia
Enthusiast - Level 3

How exactly do you deactivate?

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

It was activated on 555-2222 (example) the original upgrade line then the phone was removed from the 555-2222 to transfer the a differnt line on my account 555-9999 (example) with no success ALL DAY yesterday so the iphone 5 was not active or on a line all day either. I wake up this morning at 6:45 am go to my Verizon and click activate device link put in the id # the sim # pick the line I want it on choose data and boom it worked took a few mins to activate!

ZiggyNic

Had the same situation- heard about the 24 hour wait, etc. but ultimately yesterday after running around to get a mini-sim card from Apple store to take to Verizon store to reprogram, a very helpful tech in Pleasanton store (Arthur) was able to reprogram the existing mini-sim in the new iPhone 5 and have it working on the line I needed within minutes without removing it- ended up not needing the mini-sim I tracked down!

0 Likes