Anyone else with a delivery by 9/21 date getting their phone 9/24?
jojo122488
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is slowly losing me as a customer and my slowly i mean quickly! My credit card was charged 9/19 and I called Verizon since I didnt have a shipping confirmation. I was told that the card is only charged when the order ships (first mistake), then after not receiving my shipping email yesterday I called in teh afternoon and was told that for business orders they overnight the shipment (second mistake). Called back later in the day around 5 PM and was told that there was still no shipping info, but I would be receiving my phone today as promised (third mistake). At around 2 AM i woke up and checked my email, saw the shipping emial and was thrilled! Tracked teh package and it says DELIVER BY 9/24 BY 4:30 PM. Now of course I can't go back to sleep and I call Verizon around 6:50 AM. The woman on the phone got an ear full and kept saying that I had a SHIP BY 9/21 DATE not delivery by. I quickly corrected her and sent her my email confirmation. She of course saw the mistake and said a supervisor would call me (I won't hold my breath). Has this happened to anyone else??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone else with a delivery by 9/21 date getting their phone 9/24?
Topdunn

Ditto. Ordered 3 under business account over the phone 9/14 at 7:45 CST and was promised 9-21. They  shipped 9-20 with 2 days shipping. Thanks verizon. We also paid full retail to retain unlimited data. Hope she didn't mess that up too.

0 Likes
ladiva927
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apparently VW thinks deliver by on a confirmation email and ship by are the same thing!!! Oh wait, I misunderstood, per a VW CSR. Nothing more than  another excuse.

0 Likes
jojo122488
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thats what I thought was happening, because when I said that I had a DELIVER by date they said no thats a ship date and I said NO ITS A DELIVER BY not approximate delivery, not estaimted, its a deliver by so I emailed the CSR my confirmation email and she said that its verizons fault which is correct since we all can't be "misunderstanding the information". Now that I have her email, if the supervisor doesn't call me by 12 PM I'm emailing her again becuase I rearranged my schedule to be around for delivery and I cant do that again on Monday so they are going to have to call FedEx and lift thier "you must make one delivery attempt" policy for my incredible inconvenience (which they love to apologize for but in reality its more than an incovenience its a stright up lie and misrepresentation). All they ahd to do what put Estimated Delivery or when we call and ask questions tell us tehre is a possibility that it wont get there at least then you're prepared.

lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Here's your solution. Go to the Apple store and buy an iPhone today on another network. When you get the Verizon iPhone on Monday just refuse the shipment and have return it. pay your $35 restocking fee and terminate your contract and be a happy customer on a different network. Or go enjoy your weekend and before you know it it will be Monday and you'll be a happy customer on the same network.

0 Likes
Topdunn

YOu are right lewisr13. It'll be great on monday. Lets find our happy place.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

And your iPhone will be under warranty 3 days longer than those that got their phone on Friday.

mikes96fs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just called Verizon and I am in the same situation.  They said it will be shipped today...  Even though I have the confirmation saying it will be delivered by today. 

0 Likes
nallen41

I was told by a rep this morning that a lot of people with 9/21 delivery dates won't be getting their phones until 9/24. How aggravating. They should send them for Saturday delivery. He said that they just couldn't get them all processed in time but said that I would receiving my tracking information today and even said he would call to follow up. That was 0700 EDT. It is now 1711 EDT and I have heard nothing. What makes matters worse is I am hearing that 9/26 orders are being processed already. Why the heck did I preorder my iphone at all? Grr...

0 Likes
wynnesmom143
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, my experience with pre-ordering my iPhone 5 was a nightmare!!!! I received my confirmation email with my ship date which was the 21st and to be receive by 26th. I went by my local office today to see if they had my phone in stock and they did. Do to unforeseen circumstances, I am leaving to go out of town on Sunday, so I wanted to see If I could cancel my order and purchase my phone locally?? They couldn't cancel it there, I had to speak with the (phone) customer service since that is where I placed my order. So, she dialed customer service for me, handed me the phone to speak with them and this is where the nightmare begins!!!

First, they said I wasn't on the account to make any changes which is a whole different issue. Anyways, the first rep said he did not show that I had placed an order for the iPhone 5. So I gave him the information that I received via email. This totally confused him. He then said the phone must have already shipped. I reminded him the money had not been taken from my account nor had I received any shipping/tracking info... he couldn't give me an answer so I then got transferred to rep #2. Extremely unhelpful!! Very rude to me and the local VZN rep so she chose to speak to yet another rep. Rep #3 then asks to speak to me, she, without hesitation, overrides the restriction to allow me to have the pre order cancelled (after getting authorization from my husband over the phone). So now she is able to cancel my pre order for a the iPhone 5 that they say was never actually ordered. No one could ever tell me what was being shipped to me, all they could say is they didn't show that I pre ordered the iphone 5?

My local rep said that my account still shows a Fed Ex 2 day shipping pending, she was concerned that they may still try to bill me and ship another phone?! Sooo, we will see what happens. I FINALLY got my new phone and I love it, BUT had I not stopped in at my local Verizon Store I would probably have never received it in the mail ????

Good luck to all who pre ordered your phones!! I will NEVER EVER make this mistake again!!!!

FYI: My order location was: 0919601 - - Order number was: 2550197