Re: Activation issue--"SIM Not Valid" on new iPhone 5S
NinjaPuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

haha... oh yeah, I do have a google voice account... let's see how well this works...

0 Likes
NinjaPuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

hmm... google voice isn't working, but I might have it linked to my mobile number in some way...  (texts are still working on google voice).  It sounds like they helped someone out on that other comment thread you came from Jumpie and it seemed to resolve on their own, despite various phones and sim cards...  Perhaps we just have to wait it out? :0/

0 Likes
Jumpie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yup, Jumpie 'tis I! 🙂

Seriously, it took a few hours of troubleshooting but the guys in Boise know what the issue is. You have to convince Apple support to talk to them to get it resolved.

You'll have to restore the phone then resync everything though.

0 Likes
mahower
Enthusiast - Level 2

case number?

0 Likes
mexiricanmami

i have the same problem. i had been in line at an apple store since 6 pm last night to be able to receive the phone color i want. when apple open they told me they did not receive any shipment of gold. so i said ok space grey is cool too. walked in around 0820 am and the technichian set me all up. i payed full price to keep my unlimited data plan. i specifically asked if the previous phone (my 4s) was going to cause an issue since i will be converting to lte with the 5s. i was told no. at the apple store and verizon technician reassured me that it was prob because of all the people activating their phones and the system was slow bc the activation said pending. i was given an extra sim card from apple and was told if i still receive this error it possibly could be the sim card but change it out and go to verizonwireless.com to activate the new sim and it should resolve. it did not. i called tech support and they stated they think it is a iphone problem bc how realistic is it after changing it thru two different sim cards and they both say the same error message. verizon called my local store on clairemont mesa blvd and asked if i can get a new sim card there to try one more time. the store stated i could. so i walk into a mess. i explain the situation and the manager said i have to wait in line bc people have been waiting 3 hours and i am no exception. all i wanted was a new sim card. nope u have to wait. then i asked if i could just get my old phone reactivated. nope go in line. how is it fair that i am left with no phone for numerous hours after dishing 700 and you are telling me to wait 3 hours + to try and fix a problem that shouldve never happened and you knew about ahead of time with the tech support calling. i stated this was unfair and i was told to call tech support for my issue. tech support talked to and sent me to your store!!!!  i was getting the runaround since they sent me out of the store at 9 am. i called apple and explained and asked if anyone had reported the issue and they transferred me to a senior advisior around noon and they stated my issue was not reported as of yet but he would work hard to find the problem out and make it a high priority. he did a hard reset which took 90 mins with me over the phone. flagged my case and sent it over to the engineers bc if im experiencing this problem then most likely someone else is. at least the apple worker gave me his contact info and reassured me they were working hard to figure out the issue. unlike verizon brushing me off and stating its apples fault. i am sure everyone working with apple and any service provider are tired, stressed and overwhelmed but i expected a little more customer service then sorry wait three more hours in line for a prob that we probably cannot fix. nevermind me waiting 18 hours already with no answer to my issue and spending 700. i bought it from apple so i have to go back to apple on the craziest shopping apple product day of the year. i hope the issue resolves so bc i am left with an expensive piece of electronic that does nothing and no phone. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
NinjaPuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

ok... I can at least get past the activation screen.  I turned the phone off, removed the sim card, and reconnected it without the sim card.  The phone is restoring and I assume I'll be able to at least use my phone using a wifi connection w/o being able to call anyone/use data.  I think that was what I was confusing from Jumpie's post.

0 Likes
NinjaPuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

the phone is currently syncing apps (step 5 of 5)  I'll check in with the progress once all the updates are through.  And this is all being done WITHOUT the sim card in

0 Likes
miqal

I too am having the problem. Went down to the Verizon Store and they were on the phone with support for almost two hours while I waited there. Tried three new sims and nothing worked. Came home to find I'm not alone.

COME ON VERIZON!

0 Likes
NinjaPuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok.  After syncing my phone, I can say I can use it without the sim card and I've restored from a backup from my iphone 4.  Now I'll add the SIM card and see if that does anything

0 Likes
NinjaPuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I can use the phone w/o the sim card.  Music plays, Youtube works, I'm getting google voice texts.  I added the SIM card and it said activation required, so cellular connection yet, but now I'm restarting the phone and seeing if that does anything.  There is also an update for iOS7, that may do the trick too... making progress!!!

0 Likes