unlocking verizon iphone 4s ios 6.1.3?
freefree1098

hey there, when i was in America about 5 months ago i bought a 32gb verizon iphone 4s off of ebay but when i got i realized i needed to unlock it but i only had another week in mammoth so i ordered a gevey sim to unlock it temporary, but with the new ios 7 update it wont be able to work and i have no idea on how to get in contact with verizon about unlocking my iphone. anyone know how to unlock the imei permanently? by the way, i am coming back to America in 2 months and will be on a contract with verizon for 6 months hopefully with an iphone 5s. also would like to know that if i cant get it unlocked, does verizon do upgrades? like trade in my iphone 4s with cash and get the iphone 5s for cheaper? thanks people Smiley Happy any help appreciated

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: unlocking verizon iphone 4s ios 6.1.3?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello freefree1098!

I really want to help you get that iphone working! Where are you located? Since you mentioned that you are outside the US, the first step is to get your iPhone 4S unlocked.
I assume you are a current VZW customer, so please contact our Global Support Team at
800-711-8300. If using your wireless device, dial 908-559-4899.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
freefree1098

hi there,

thanks for your reply. im currently in new zealand, im heading back to the us on november 20th 2013. i was not a verizon customer when i bought the phone because i had gone to america with my own phone and i ended up using it with at&t instead of buying a new phone on contract with verizon or sprint. however, when i get back to America this year, i will be starting the $60 mobile share plan as that will suit me best. also i will be upgrading to the 5s on verizon when i get to LA. is it possible that you would be able to unlock my phone's imei so that i can use ios 7? thank you

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You won't be able to unlock the phone until you meet the qualifications for the SIM unlock Verizon Wireless has put in place. The first requirement is that you must be a current VZW customer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
freefree1098

Is there no way that i can get an unlock? The phone used to be on contract before i owned it.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
freefree1098

What are the full requirements by the way?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
robert_tran

Same to me, i bought iphone 4s from ebay. It's locked, i use tpsim. But cannot unlock, of course, i am not a current VZW customer

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to have you use our device on our network freefree1098. We have the largest network and best coverage. To have use of your device you will need to have an active account with us. Secondly, the phone must not be reported as lost of stolen. If you have any questions, please contact our Global team. They can provide you with all the information you need http://bit.ly/xZd3pS .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
freefree1098

thanks for that information, but unfortunately as im in new zealand i cant activate my device on verizon, and so i cannot start a international plan to become a verizon customer.

0 Likes