some contacts receive "garbled" text messages
tryanor

Hi,

My mom has a Samsung with Verizon and I have an iphone 4 with Verizon. She said she receives my text messages but they are all garbled/jumbled with a mix of letters and numbers. This is the first time anyone has had problems reading my texts. - Is it her phone or my phone or both?

Thank you Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: some contacts receive "garbled" text messages
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

It can happen when on your iPhone you receive a text that has emoticons or smileys. So, if your mom is sending a text and selecting an icon (instead of typing 🙂 or 8-( ) , it can happen. Have her type the smileys instead of inserting an icon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is the Mom's phone that is getting the garbled messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

You are right. I read it wrong. However, it applies in the opposite direction also.

In that case, OP, do you have the "emoji" keyboard turned on? If yes, and you are using emoticons in your texts, your messages might show up garbled on your mom's phone. That is just one possibility though.

0 Likes
SHELTOMA

I am also receiving "garbled messages" (looks like DOS language) from i phone users.  What gives? Some come okay others don't. What can I do to elimate this? It has become a problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry that you are getting garbled messages, SHELTOMA. I can absolutely see how this would be problematic. I'm confident we can get this resolved. 

Can you please tell me when this started happening? What phone do you have? Other than being iPhone users, do you notice any other pattern, as far as the ones that are garbled? Same number, time of day, etc.

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes