question on insurance coverage
bearingman07936

I opted for the Total equipment coverage for $10.99 /mo. I am being told by a family member that she was told that asurion coverage was better at $9 and change. Anyone know about this?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: question on insurance coverage
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

You probably got the Asurion plus extended warranty coverage thats what I got as well

0 Likes
bearingman07936

Hopefully, that's what I got. I wish they had explained it when I was online at 3am in the morning!

0 Likes
anukfdo

Total equipment coverage for $10.99 /mo includes manufacturer warranty that is extended by Verizon. Which means that if the phone does not function due to technical issues and not due to damage, they will replace it for no charge.

I just had my Blackberry replaced because the vibration was not working. They didnt charge me for it, they simply replaced it.

On the other hand if you go with the $9 plan you will always have to pay the $129 deductible to get it replaced for any problem with the phone.

0 Likes
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

you can change it once you get your phone anyway you have 30 days or something to decide

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

anukfdo wrote:

Total equipment coverage for $10.99 /mo includes manufacturer warranty that is extended by Verizon. Which means that if the phone does not function due to technical issues and not due to damage, they will replace it for no charge.

I just had my Blackberry replaced because the vibration was not working. They didnt charge me for it, they simply replaced it.

On the other hand if you go with the $9 plan you will always have to pay the $129 deductible to get it replaced for any problem with the phone.

It depends.  If it's during the 2nd year and you have extended warranty, then yes.  But any manufacturer related problems during the first year would fall under the manufacturer's 1 yr warranty. 

0 Likes
anukfdo

Yes that is correct. I forgot to mention that.

The Extended Warranty is valid for the life of the phone after the manufacturer warranty expires.

0 Likes
alchemist4

AppleCare is an overall better deal.

Why start paying $11 a month now for two years (which equates to $264) when you can get 2 years of AppleCare for $69.

Covers the phone, the battery, the earphones. You also can get software support for iOS and iTunes. You can also walk into any Apple Store and get a replacement that day if you need to.

0 Likes
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

Apple care doesn't cover if your ex  throws your phone into a lake.

The warranty part of it that would be the equivalent of apple care costs 2 dollars a month over 24 months so that's 48 bucks

0 Likes
ATTbound

I got the insurance thinking I was being responsible and thoughtful.  I had my phone stolen and learned of the real costs:

1. Initial iPhone 4 cost: $230 with contract

2. Insurance (Asurion) for 19 months: $11 x 19 = $208

3. Deductible for refurb replacement phone: $169

Total out of pocket *with contract* is $608 bucks.  Sure, they will "replace your phone if lost!"--for the full cost of a refurb.

Save your money, or better yet, head to ATT.  I have been a loyal Verizon customer for 8 years--enough of this!

0 Likes