how to save voicemail and transfer
domerdoc

want to save couple voicemail permanently, also transfer to newer iphone to be activated

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to save voicemail and transfer
Tidbits
Legend

It is saved WITHIN the backup.  However if you want a copy OUTSIDE of the backup made you need to save it as a voice memo and then sync the voice memo. You however will not be able to put in back into the voicemail box.

From this link from Apple iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview

Here’s what iCloud backs up:

• Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and booksYour iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Some types of content aren’t downloaded automatically in all countries, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. For more information, see the Apple Support article iTunes in the Cloud, iTunes Match, and iTunes Radio availability. Some types of content aren’t available in all countries. For more information, see the Apple Support article What can I buy from the iTunes Store in my country?.
  • Photos and videos on your iOS devices, unless you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your iOS device (iOS 8.1 or later). If you turn on iCloud Photo Library, your photos and videos are already stored in iCloud, so they aren’t included in your iCloud backup.
  • Device settings
  • App data
  • Home screen and app organization
  • iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages
  • Ringtones
  • Visual Voicemail
  • Health data
  • HomeKit configuration

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Make a backup through iTunes. When you get your new device setup with backup. It should transfer you voicemail.

domerdoc

Backup will save iPhone voice memos, which I have done, but I can't see anywhere that iPhone backup through iTunes will save the phone voicemail.  Did I overlook something?  Please let me know if there is an area in iTunes where I should be looking.  Curiously, I can see many VM on the phone, but for some reason several of these cannot be heard by calling my phone and hitting *86 to listen remotely to my VM.  Not sure why I can't hear them if they're listed on my phone (and I can hear them clicking on the phone).  I know there are online programs that will record VM to MP3 and send files back for permanent keeping, but I'm concerned those programs will be unable to pick up the VM that can't be heard remotely.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

In VVM you can save as voicememos

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it is important to make sure that your information is backed up domerdoc. Here is some information http://spr.ly/6583BEHCb on what iCloud backs up.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
domerdoc

Cannot see in iCloud where visual voice mail is saved, and I  can't see in iTunes

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It is saved WITHIN the backup.  However if you want a copy OUTSIDE of the backup made you need to save it as a voice memo and then sync the voice memo. You however will not be able to put in back into the voicemail box.

From this link from Apple iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview

Here’s what iCloud backs up:

• Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and booksYour iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Some types of content aren’t downloaded automatically in all countries, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. For more information, see the Apple Support article iTunes in the Cloud, iTunes Match, and iTunes Radio availability. Some types of content aren’t available in all countries. For more information, see the Apple Support article What can I buy from the iTunes Store in my country?.
  • Photos and videos on your iOS devices, unless you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your iOS device (iOS 8.1 or later). If you turn on iCloud Photo Library, your photos and videos are already stored in iCloud, so they aren’t included in your iCloud backup.
  • Device settings
  • App data
  • Home screen and app organization
  • iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages
  • Ringtones
  • Visual Voicemail
  • Health data
  • HomeKit configuration
0 Likes
Stephanie-Rocks_
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi domerdoc,

Voicemail messages are stored within an iTunes backup of your phone.  I know this for sure, as I've personally extracted them out using some third-party software called iBackupBot.  It's a paid program, but they give you a FREE trial for like 15 days; so that should suit your needs!

When you pull the messages out of the backup, they are in AMR format, so you may want to convert them to MP3 or something depending on what your needs are.  This can be done with a free audio software called Audacity.

Lastly, I'd like to mention, if you're not too tech savvy, a service that I've used that can do all of this for you: www.SaveMyVM.com

I hope this helps & Good Luck getting your voicemails saved!

~Steph

0 Likes
dpoloner

u can use voicemails forever https://www.voicemailsforever.com/ but it will only get you the voicemails to your computer- they wont transfer to your new phone.

0 Likes