does verizon repair iphone 4s or replace it

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: does verizon repair iphone 4s or replace it
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you purchased the phone new from Verizon and are within 12 months of your manufactures warranty Verizon or Apple will replace the phone if you qualify; no damage to the phone and whatever issues you're experiencing are internal and not caused by you.

If you caused the damage and have insurance through Verizon you can file a claim online:

Cell Phone File Insurance Claim Total Mobile Protection | Verizon Wireless

If you qualify for either of these, your phone will be replaced with a refurbished phone.

View solution in original post

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you purchased the phone new from Verizon and are within 12 months of your manufactures warranty Verizon or Apple will replace the phone if you qualify; no damage to the phone and whatever issues you're experiencing are internal and not caused by you.

If you caused the damage and have insurance through Verizon you can file a claim online:

Cell Phone File Insurance Claim Total Mobile Protection | Verizon Wireless

If you qualify for either of these, your phone will be replaced with a refurbished phone.

rock1234

Purchased phone new from Verizon 3 yrs ago, added extended Warranty from the start, NO damage by me, however phone is acting up, shutting off, etc.  Will Verizon repair replace the iPhone 4 ?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you're still paying the insurance fee, use the link above to file an insurance claim. You'll need to pay your deductible which is around $99+ and Verizon will send you a refurbished phone and then you send back your phone to Verizon.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

In the 3 years that you've had the phone have you performed a factory reset? That might cure your problems and then you can save the deductible fee. You are also more than likely eligible for an upgrade and depending on the plan you have, doing an Edge contract can make the new phone free over the course of the next 2 years.

0 Likes
rock1234

thanks

0 Likes
rock1234

Oh BTW, if I pay the $99 for replacement, will they send me a IPhone 4 or replace it with a 5?  At this point $99 for a 3G phone is probably a waste...

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

They will send you whatever device you currently have. The only time they send you the next model up is if they are out of the current model which probably doesn't have as often as it use to.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

rock1234 wrote:

Oh BTW, if I pay the $99 for replacement, will they send me a IPhone 4 or replace it with a 5?  At this point $99 for a 3G phone is probably a waste...

They will send you a 4.

I agree with your assessment. You can buy a mint condition iPhone 4 on swappa for $90, so you are paying higher than market value for the replacement on insurance. Yet another reason I never buy the insurance, and just self insure. Put the money aside that you would have paid in insurance and you will be better off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rock1234,

A broken or damaged iPhone is no fun at all. While unfortunately we don't repair iPhones, we can direct you to Asurion for assistance with replacing the phone if physically damaged. If you have insurance you can reach them at 888-881-2622 or at www.phoneclaim.com. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions or concerns.

CandiceH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes